nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9345
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Transfer 2 - new photos always start at DSC_0001 ..." Previous topic | Next topic
JohnD3200 Registered since 22nd Aug 2012Mon 17-Sep-12 04:58 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Transfer 2 - new photos always start at DSC_0001 !"

CA

Hi

I've just started using my D3200 since replacing my old CoolPix 8800.

Nikon Transfer 2 seems very useful in moving files to dated folders, however, the next time I take pictures the file numbering sequence begins at 0001 again. This means I have several DSC_0001's etc which will be a nightmare if I combine them into other folders (and potentially overwrite them).

I have looked through the NT2 settings but cannot find where to tell it to maintain the sequence (like what happens when I move files off the old camera using Windows (file) Explorer.)

Thanks for you help!

John

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Mon 17-Sep-12 03:28 PM
1003 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Transfer 2 - new photos always start at DSC_0001 !"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi John,

The setting for numbering method is usually (always?)in a camera menu.

The Transfer module of ViewNX2 will just place the images in a folder, usually a dated folder without changing the file name unless you instruct it to do that.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 17-Sep-12 03:46 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Transfer 2 - new photos always start at DSC_0001 !"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Have you checked your camera's user manual and looked at the camera's setup options for file folder, naming, resetting?

See pages 142 and 143 of your D3200 camera manual, File Number Sequence.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

JohnD3200 Registered since 22nd Aug 2012Tue 18-Sep-12 05:57 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Transfer 2 - new photos always start at DSC_0001 !"
In response to Reply # 2

CA

Thanks for the direction to the exact page in the manual!

John

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9345 Previous topic | Next topic