nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
russg

Phoenix, US
1416 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007
Sat 15-Sep-12 11:40 PM | edited Sat 15-Sep-12 11:44 PM by russg

I'm finally dragging my sorry butt into the current century, at least as it relates to computers. For years I've been using CNX2 (and formerly CNX) on Windows XP (stop laughing, it's really not that funny), but I'm in the process of replacing my computers with all-new hardware and of course, Windows 7 (64-bit)....Yay! I am so looking forward to the increase in performance.

My question is whether to install CNX2 from my install disc or whether to just download the full current version from the Nikon USA website and type in the product key(s). I have the install discs from both CNX and CNX2 (upgrade), so I have both product keys. My inclination is to download and install the full 2.3.0 version, type in whatever keys are asked for, leaving my install discs out of the process other than allowing me to read the product key off the jewel case. After that I would then download and install the 2.3.4 update. But I thought I should float the question here first, since I'm obviously not the first Nikonian to do this and I've read more than a few horror stories regarding activating Nikon software, although I've never had any such problems.

What say you all?

Russ

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CNX2 clean install, new computer

G