Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9331
View in linear mode

Subject: "I will be published! Question about Capture NX color pr..." Previous topic | Next topic
verdict Registered since 14th Aug 2012Wed 12-Sep-12 06:43 AM
44 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I will be published! Question about Capture NX color profiles"
Wed 12-Sep-12 06:54 AM by verdict

FI

Hi,

I will get my pictures published in big Finnish newspaper! My client is buying whole frontpage for his ads, and I'm delivering "the goods". This newspaper got 125.000 unique readers per day, and circulation is about 50.000 pcs per day.

I asked from this newspaper if they have some special needs for printing (after all they are using 200dpi rastering printers, size is "tabloid+"). They delivered to me CC and CSF color profiles and some unknown "joboptions". Question is: what should I take care of when PPing these pictures in Capture NX?

As far as I know, I have to load color profiles to CNX so I can "soft proof" what I'm getting, right? I'm not so familiar with color profiles but I know the somewhat "basics" about this matter.

But whatta heck is "Job options"? Zip file contains Adobe PDF settings, so are these just some PDF settings that can be loaded just like a "color settings"? I have no Adobe Acrobat to confirm these settings. My client ordered only pictures @ JPG format, and I hope I can skip these settings.

I will post my pictures to "I got published" -forum later on. They are "studiolike" pictures of clothes, and used some little extra to get more homelike look to them.

Any other ideas to get everything right? I think I must avoid pushing contrast to either side, because newspaper's rastering printing machines will "eat" some data and I don't wanna black end bunged up or white end's highligts burn through.

Thanks in advance fellow Nikonians

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Thu 13-Sep-12 03:58 AM
9476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I will be published! Question about Capture NX color profiles"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

I'm not an expert on these things I still have the shoot it at f8 and let the lab guys sort it out. I hope one of our more advanced NX2 users will chime in but I did want to say congrats on being published!

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9331 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.