nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I will be published! Question about Capture NX color profiles

verdict

FI
44 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
verdict Registered since 14th Aug 2012
Wed 12-Sep-12 06:43 AM | edited Wed 12-Sep-12 06:54 AM by verdict

Hi,

I will get my pictures published in big Finnish newspaper! My client is buying whole frontpage for his ads, and I'm delivering "the goods". This newspaper got 125.000 unique readers per day, and circulation is about 50.000 pcs per day.

I asked from this newspaper if they have some special needs for printing (after all they are using 200dpi rastering printers, size is "tabloid+"). They delivered to me CC and CSF color profiles and some unknown "joboptions". Question is: what should I take care of when PPing these pictures in Capture NX?

As far as I know, I have to load color profiles to CNX so I can "soft proof" what I'm getting, right? I'm not so familiar with color profiles but I know the somewhat "basics" about this matter.

But whatta heck is "Job options"? Zip file contains Adobe PDF settings, so are these just some PDF settings that can be loaded just like a "color settings"? I have no Adobe Acrobat to confirm these settings. My client ordered only pictures @ JPG format, and I hope I can skip these settings.

I will post my pictures to "I got published" -forum later on. They are "studiolike" pictures of clothes, and used some little extra to get more homelike look to them.

Any other ideas to get everything right? I think I must avoid pushing contrast to either side, because newspaper's rastering printing machines will "eat" some data and I don't wanna black end bunged up or white end's highligts burn through.

Thanks in advance fellow Nikonians

G