nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9305
View in linear mode

Subject: "VNX2 Oddity in Exif File" Previous topic | Next topic
Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Fri 07-Sep-12 10:53 PM
762 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"VNX2 Oddity in Exif File"

Los Angeles, US

I shoot with a D7000 camera and always upload images into VNx2 by plugging the SD card into a reader. That's how Thom Hogan recommends doing it.

Today I was playing with various Metering modes in our flower garden. I then reviewed the images on VNx2 on my computer. An image taken a few weeks back using strobe had the flash settings recorded with an SB600 strobe. I use only an SB 700 or 800.

Should I care about this?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: VNX2 Oddity in Exif File
gkaiseril Gold Member
08th Sep 2012
Bravozulu Silver Member
09th Sep 2012
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
09th Sep 2012
Bravozulu Silver Member
09th Sep 2012
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
09th Sep 2012
                    Reply message ,
Bravozulu Silver Member
09th Sep 2012
                    Reply message ,
Bravozulu Silver Member
09th Sep 2012

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 08-Sep-12 05:12 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: VNX2 Oddity in Exif File"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 08-Sep-12 05:17 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Which version of View NX2?

There is a new update, 2.5.1, available.

I would also check for camera firmware updates and make sure your firmware is D7000 firmware: A: 1.0.2 / B:1.03 upgrade.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sun 09-Sep-12 04:11 AM
762 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: VNX2 Oddity in Exif File"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun 09-Sep-12 04:12 AM by Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US

I'm using v2.0.2. Acquired when I bought my D7000 in April.

When I go to the help menu and hit CHECK FOR UPDATES I get a message saying I have the most current version. Camera Firmware is all current.

I don't understand. Is there one version bundled with camera sales and another available for direct purchase?

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sun 09-Sep-12 04:41 AM
11751 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: VNX2 Oddity in Exif File"
In response to Reply # 2

Lowden, US

Nikon View NX is updated on a fairly regular basis. It is a free program.

Here is the link to download the latest version.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sun 09-Sep-12 05:37 AM
#4. "RE: VNX2 Oddity in Exif File"
In response to Reply # 3

Los Angeles, US

link didn't work.

Nikon download center doesn't show any files beyond Fall, 2011. My software date is March 2012.

I'm a little puzzled by Nikon.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sun 09-Sep-12 02:00 PM
52520 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: VNX2 Oddity in Exif File"
In response to Reply # 4

East Frisia, DE

Use this link:

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61#Anchor-1

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sun 09-Sep-12 09:22 PM
","

Los Angeles, US

Thanks, Gerold

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sun 09-Sep-12 09:22 PM
#6. ","
In response to Reply # 5
Sun 09-Sep-12 09:30 PM by Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US

Thanks, Gerold

My version is 2.0.2. The highest version on that link specifies this system requirements for a Macintosh: G4, PPc, 1Gb cpu, 1gb Ram, OS 10.5.8. I have that in my Mac,

But the upload fails, and instead gives me a warning message "Can't Install on any CPU but Intel".

When a person owns a Macintosh, especially an older one, he grows accustomed to being treated like a 2nd class citizen. Die Anderer, you would say in German.

But in two days at the next Apple developer's conference thousands upon thousands of Mac users are expecting to hear the announcement of a new iMac model. My money is saved up for that day, so I expect in 2 weeks I will have a new iMac, with a 3Tb HD, a 500mb SDD for the system and applications.

Then I will invest in Capture NX2, Photo Mechanic and Adobe CS. There is an old saying used often in Japan — A Single Rain extinguishes thousands of small fires.

My problem with VNx2 is a small fire.

Gary

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9305 Previous topic | Next topic