Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9299
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update" Previous topic | Next topic
SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Fri 07-Sep-12 12:52 AM
1460 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update"

New York City, US

An update to VNX2 Version 2.5.0 is now available.

Find it here: http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17938

Refards...JL

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update
gkaiseril Gold Member
07th Sep 2012
cliddell Silver Member
23rd Sep 2012
SRFast Silver Member
25th Sep 2012
cliddell Silver Member
25th Sep 2012
mklass Platinum Member
25th Sep 2012
glxman Silver Member
27th Sep 2012
William Rounds Gold Member
29th Sep 2012

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 07-Sep-12 04:09 AM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

There are also updates for Nikon Capture NX 2 and Camera Control Pro.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sun 23-Sep-12 08:08 PM
999 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update"
In response to Reply # 1

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

My first impression of VNX2 Version 2.5.1 is that it seems a bit faster on my old XP machine. Opening the program with the previously open folder still the default seems to open a lot faster as well as editing RAW image seems faster (but I have not done a lot of editing yet).

Now the "However"... However, while they have included automatic uploads to FaceBook and YouTube - BUT - On my PC anyway I no longer can simply send selected images suitably reduced to EMAIL. The facility is there but I get an error message that it cannot find an email program...

Anyway, even when "send to email" worked (on previous versions) I seldom used it because I found the automatically generated images of poor quality. I rather used "Convert files" saved to a size and quality of my choice.

I use VNX2 all the time and I think there have been useful improvements in speed even with the 32bit revision.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Tue 25-Sep-12 01:50 AM
1460 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update"
In response to Reply # 2

New York City, US

Clive,
I don't know how it worked on previous versions, but the e-mail function on version 2.5.1 uses the local e-mail client on the system and designated as the default e-mail client in the web browser. I don't know anyone who still uses an e-mail client on their system. There are too many risks in using an e-mail client because you have to download the e-mail contents to your machine to read it. Web based e-mail systems are much safer. I stopped using a local client at least eight (8) years ago.

Regards...JL

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Tue 25-Sep-12 09:01 AM
999 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update"
In response to Reply # 3

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi JL,

Thanks, some food for thought there.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 25-Sep-12 02:01 PM
5998 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update"
In response to Reply # 3

Tacoma, US

>Clive,
>. I don't know anyone who still uses an e-mail
>client on their system. There are too many risks in using an
>e-mail client because you have to download the e-mail contents
>to your machine to read it. Web based e-mail systems are much
>safer. I stopped using a local client at least eight (8) years
>ago.
>
>Regards...JL

I do, and I prefer it, as I want a local, self contained record of E-mails that is not reliant on an internet connection. Frankly, I feel it is safer somewhere under my control than on a server somewhere else where I have no control over access.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Thu 27-Sep-12 03:18 AM
2989 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update"
In response to Reply # 0

South Australia, AU

Thank you for the heads-up JL
Much appreciated,
Regards,
Gary

William Rounds Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011Sat 29-Sep-12 08:13 AM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon View NX2 - Version 2.5.1 Update"
In response to Reply # 6

Rambouillet, FR

This would appear to be a Windows only update. Perhaps it only addresses problems encountered with PC users, not Macs.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9299 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.