Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9284
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Transfer NX Q." Previous topic | Next topic
four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Sun 02-Sep-12 03:29 AM
1468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Transfer NX Q."

US

Currently using Nikon Transfer NX to copy cards to an external hard drive.

Is there any way to select a given range of images to transfer? All I can do is transfer EVERYTHING on a card. The only option I can find is to transfer New Images only, but that only works once. When I go to transfer the images off the second card (used as backup), I must copy ALL the images.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 02-Sep-12 06:47 AM
12728 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Nikon Transfer NX Q."
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Are you using the Transfer program that is part of the latest View NX program? All you need to do is select the images you want to transfer and a check mark will mark them and only those will be copied.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 03-Sep-12 01:12 PM
8587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Transfer NX Q."
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

all the images are checked by default.

When you open Transfer, You can deselect all the images by using the Select Marked button - the squiggly arrow on the right side just above the images.

You can select any range of images in Windows by using your mouse or using the click and shift/click approach for the first and last images in the range. Once selected, just click on the check box to select the image for import. Note that while this works in either direction, the order of images is relevant. If you select the last image and then shift/click on the first image, they are selected and downloaded in reverse order.

I view images grouped by date shot - there is a selection box in the middle on the left side for that choice. You can use the small arrow to expand or contract by day and look at only images shot on a particular day.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops - Smokies Oct 2012

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Tue 04-Sep-12 04:11 AM
1468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Transfer NX Q."
In response to Reply # 2

US

Selecting a range isn't possible for me. Even when I do so, TNX copies ALL the images, regardless of which ones I've selected.

The only way I have found to deselect images is to select them one by one.... a tedious process when I'm just wanting to copy 100 out of 860 on the card. I must manually deselect 760 images.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9284 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.