nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
cflehman

Colorado Springs, US
123 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cflehman Registered since 01st Jan 2005
Fri 31-Aug-12 09:35 PM

I have two Win 7 machines with View NX 2 on both. They both behave differently when I use the Convert Files function. On my laptop it works fine, I convert files to a smaller file and it keeps the same pixel dimensions (4287 X 2848), document size (14.29 X 9.493) and resolution (300 dpi), but a smaller file size. On my desktop it gives me a different result. I get the same pixel dimension but the document size is now 59.542 X 39.556 and the resolution is 72 dpi. Why?

This started on my desktop several versions ago but I am not sure if it started after I updated - I just noticed it one day. My laptop has the same versions. I cannot find anything in the Options Menu to change this. Does anyone know how I can get back to how it used to work and how it still works on my laptop? Is it a Registry setting, am I missing something in Options?

(And please, do not go off pointing out that 59.542 X 39.556 @72 dpi is the same as 14.29 X 9.493 @300 dpi and that I can easily convert the sizes back - I know and I know how. I just want to have View NX 2 work as it should)

Thanks...

Charlie
www.Charlie.Zenfolio.com

G