Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9145
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 and Apple Mac OS" Previous topic | Next topic
Speedybee Registered since 29th Jun 2012Wed 08-Aug-12 03:19 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 and Apple Mac OS"

GB

I recently bought a boxed copy of capture NX2 but unfortunately had to return it as the disc would not load with Apple 10.7.4. I contacted Nikon and was told that it is not recommended as being compatible. They could not confirm any plans to update either and now with Mountain Lion on the scene, things are probably worse. I have read that some Nikon users have not experienced difficulty but I suspect they are able to update, having already got the software loaded in the first place. The problem is getting the software onto the machine. Just a friendly warning to all you Apple users out there.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ecossephoto Registered since 21st Jun 2012Wed 08-Aug-12 05:55 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 and Apple Mac OS"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

It works just fine for me.

Try downloading the software and key in the registration number from the box.

Nothing to lose!

chuckji Registered since 25th Jan 2011Thu 09-Aug-12 01:39 AM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 and Apple Mac OS"
In response to Reply # 0

South Lyon, US

No problem here. Worked with Lion and is working fine with Mountain Lion.

JerryLoSardo Gold Member Charter MemberThu 09-Aug-12 08:52 AM
913 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 and Apple Mac OS"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

No problems whatsoever running NX2 with 10.7.4. It runs better now than it did on my Windows computer before I made the switch to Apple. Does it state on the box that you can operate NX2 on a MAC?

Jerry LoSardo
Frederick, Maryland

Speedybee Registered since 29th Jun 2012Thu 16-Aug-12 05:58 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 and Apple Mac OS"
In response to Reply # 3

GB

Apologies, been away for a few days. I downloaded Capture NX2 version 2.3 from the Nikon site. All works well with Mountain Lion now. The boxed copy of 2.2 would not load the disc, so it must have been the version that was causing the problem.

Thanks for your replies.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9145 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.