Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9077
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cache settings PM/NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Tue 31-Jul-12 02:56 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Cache settings PM/NX2"
Tue 31-Jul-12 02:57 PM by expat

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Could anyone (possibly Mick if you are about) who uses NX2 and Photo Mechanic tell me what figures you set in the PM Preferences-Cache menu.
Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Cache settings PM/NX2
mklass Platinum Member
01st Aug 2012
expat Silver Member
01st Aug 2012
expat Silver Member
01st Aug 2012
mklass Platinum Member
01st Aug 2012
expat Silver Member
01st Aug 2012
ericbowles Moderator
03rd Aug 2012
expat Silver Member
03rd Aug 2012

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 01-Aug-12 02:49 AM
6011 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Cache settings PM/NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Here are my PM Cache settings:

They seem to work fine on my Win 7-64 bit machine with 8GB ram. I've never had a problem with PM using these.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Attachment #1, (gif file)

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Wed 01-Aug-12 08:51 AM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Cache settings PM/NX2"
In response to Reply # 1
Wed 01-Aug-12 08:54 AM by expat

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Many thanks Mick, my machine is the same spec as yours.
As I had the PM default set for cache I just wondered if I should look into it further.
(Some time ago you gave me some other PM settings which I use)

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Wed 01-Aug-12 11:20 AM
#3. "RE: Cache settings PM/NX2"
In response to Reply # 2

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

ps I guess you are using PM 5 as my latest PM 4 does not have any selections after the Memory Cache Size box?

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 01-Aug-12 12:16 PM
6011 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Cache settings PM/NX2"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 01-Aug-12 12:17 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

Yes, David, those setting were from PM5. The settings for PM 4.6.9 are:

Memory cache size is still there. Sort Cache size is a new setting in V5.

If you're using something older than 4.6, you should consider upgrading. V5 is very nice.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Wed 01-Aug-12 01:25 PM
#5. "RE: Cache settings PM/NX2"
In response to Reply # 4

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Thanks again.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 03-Aug-12 04:23 PM
8738 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Cache settings PM/NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

For what it's worth, my Disk Cache is 512MB and my Memory Cache is 256 MB. I did not see any obvious difference in performance.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Fri 03-Aug-12 04:30 PM
#7. "RE: Cache settings PM/NX2"
In response to Reply # 6

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Thanks Eric

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9077 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.