Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9013
View in linear mode

Subject: "Labels and Ratings cannot be assigned in NX2 anymore" Previous topic | Next topic
Snapshott Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2007Sun 15-Jul-12 12:59 AM
398 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Labels and Ratings cannot be assigned in NX2 anymore"

Richmond, US

I was editing some photos in NX2 and I can no longer add labels or rating in NX2. Last week I had no problems. I'm working on a mac and the labels and rating are grayed out in the lower left hand corner. If I'm looking at the thumbnails I can select a rating or label but they won't be applied.

Anybody else having this problem or know a solution?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Labels and Ratings cannot be assigned in NX2 anymor...
gkaiseril Gold Member
16th Jul 2012
directordj Silver Member
17th Jul 2012
Snapshott Silver Member
17th Jul 2012
JerryLoSardo Gold Member
17th Jul 2012
Snapshott Silver Member
17th Jul 2012

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 16-Jul-12 01:43 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Labels and Ratings cannot be assigned in NX2 anymore"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Nikon View NX2 or Nikon Capture NX2?

George
My Nikonian Galleries

directordj Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jun 2011Tue 17-Jul-12 01:46 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Labels and Ratings cannot be assigned in NX2 anymore"
In response to Reply # 1

Lawrenceville, US

DI was wondering how you learned about this? Did you contact Nikon or did they issue a notice of some kind? I just set Star Ratings in View NX a couple of weeks ago.

Snapshott Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2007Tue 17-Jul-12 09:46 PM
398 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Labels and Ratings cannot be assigned in NX2 anymore"
In response to Reply # 1

Richmond, US

>Nikon View NX2 or Nikon Capture NX2?

I meant Capture NX2. No problem in assigning labels or rating in View NX2

JerryLoSardo Gold Member Charter MemberTue 17-Jul-12 08:51 AM
922 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Labels and Ratings cannot be assigned in NX2 anymore"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

Snapshott,

I also use CNX2 on a MAC. When you are in edit mode, click on "Metadata". You can set your label and/or star rating in the top part of the metadata panel.
I do see what you're referring to in the lower left corner of the panel, i.e., the graying out. I can't speak to that, except that on a MAC, things don't always work exactly as they do on a Windows machine. For example, when I open a photo in the edit module using a MAC, I can still see the desktop behind the image, unless I specifically press "F" to go into "full screen". But when I go into full screen, I lose the banner at the top of the image that contains file size/name, along with the "red-yellow-green" apple buttons/dials.

Jerry LoSardo
Frederick, Maryland

Snapshott Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2007Tue 17-Jul-12 09:51 PM
#5. "RE: Labels and Ratings cannot be assigned in NX2 anymore"
In response to Reply # 3

Richmond, US

I'll try it in the metadata field as you suggest. What I wad doing before was assigning the labels to the thumbnail once I saved my changes. Only now it doesn't save the changes.

BTW the graying out I mentioned before is actually normal. I just hadn't noticed it until I ran into this problem.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9013 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.