nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
James_F

Prescott, US
459 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
James_F Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2007
Fri 29-Jun-12 07:46 PM

Assume the following shooting scenario:
D300
AF-C - release only
AF-ON button only
cH - continuous shooting
Dynamic area 21 points
AF-ON button held while shutter is released.

I hope I can phrase my question clearly. A question RE NX2 Version 2.3.1 when I select 'show focus points' in the View menu and examine a sequence of shots (shot in RAW) from a burst. Shouldn't the focus square displayed on my computer screen in NX2 follow the object that was originally focused on even though it is moving around in the frame (in the area that it must remain in for focus tracking)? The focus squares from one picture to the next seemed to be jumping around almost at random. What is the software "telling me" regarding the focus squares displayed from one shot to the next in a burst sequence? If they are in fact jumping around seemingly at random does this mean that I really did NOT "track" or maintain focus on the object? Also, I see only one focus square in NX2 even though I am in Dynamic area focus mode when shooting.

Jim F. from Prescott, AZ
http://jamesfarrell.smugmug.com

G