nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

CF NEFs @ 14 bit CNX files saves @ 12 bit, what VER of Transfer to use for D800?

Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US
1842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010
Mon 18-Jun-12 08:14 PM | edited Mon 18-Jun-12 08:21 PM by Robman3

D800 files, which version of Transfer is supposed to work, I've been using the tool bar in CNX to apply the process.

I was gearing up for the drive down to El Segundo but now will save the trip.

Raw files from the D800 being set in camera to NEF 14 bit uncompressed even with a factory default reset, are showing up after transfer/backup as 12 bit and do not resolve past native fit to screen ratio, just under 100%.

So I loaded from CF as the drive, CNX large files open fine show at 14 bit, but the saved files on both HD's , as indicated are somehow being restated upon load in.

Could this be related to the version of Transfer? Also, Nikon's download server is down at the moment, should I load in the most recent NEF file codec for Windows?

Files from the D3S all seem fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CF NEFs @ 14 bit CNX files saves @ 12 bit, what V...

G