Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8895
View in linear mode

Subject: "Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
GaryPk Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2012Wed 06-Jun-12 11:57 PM
494 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2"

Bailey, US

Hello. I have been using stand alone Nikon Transfer to upload my D300 images from the card reader to my external drive. I just had to upgrade to ViewNX2 to handle my D800 images, that has embedded Nikon Transfer latest version. It looks more complicated than I want or need... I simply want to transfer from card reader to drive then open from there in LR4. Is there a better way do do that so I cam delete the ViewNX2? Thank you.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2
kartane
07th Jun 2012
GaryPk Silver Member
07th Jun 2012
kartane
07th Jun 2012
jtmcg Gold Member
08th Jun 2012
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
11th Jun 2012
Aubrey Silver Member
22nd Jun 2012
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
22nd Jun 2012

kartane Registered since 23rd Apr 2012Thu 07-Jun-12 12:02 AM
163 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

AU

Just copy and paste them from My Computer.

Colin

"We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are" - Anaïs Nin

Please visit My Nikonians gallery

GaryPk Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2012Thu 07-Jun-12 01:26 AM
494 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

Bailey, US

Hi. Thank you. I was hoping for something like Nikon Transfer that would auto move the files to the correct destination folder/drive when I insert the card in the reader.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

kartane Registered since 23rd Apr 2012Thu 07-Jun-12 02:46 AM
163 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2"
In response to Reply # 2

AU

Use "Device Stage" in Windows 7. Not sure on other versions.
It can automatically transfer files from your camera. Either USB or from the card reader. Its another of Microsoft's hidden gems. I tried it but turned it off.

Couldn't see your Operation System on your Homepage.

Colin

"We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are" - Anaïs Nin

Please visit My Nikonians gallery

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Fri 08-Jun-12 12:09 PM
3937 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2"
In response to Reply # 2
Fri 08-Jun-12 12:12 PM by jtmcg

Simsbury, US

Go to the Preferences tab in Nikon Transfer. Check "Open destination folder with the following application after transfer" and designate Lightroom as destination.

You can leave View NX2 as is or not, as you see fit.

John

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 11-Jun-12 12:40 PM
8876 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2"
In response to Reply # 4

Atlanta, US

You can also set your Auto Run preferences in Windows so that Nikon Transfer will be opened when you connect the card reader or camera. It is still the same interface you have via Nikon View, but automatically opens the program. If you combine that with the Preferences setting to open Lightroom when the download is completed, View will never open.

The old stand alone Transfer program should not be used.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Aubrey Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Fri 22-Jun-12 03:05 AM
222 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2"
In response to Reply # 5

Limassol, CY

Hi Eric,
Why do you say that the old standalone should not be used?
Are there likely to be particular issues with it?

Thanks,
Aubrey

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 22-Jun-12 11:40 AM
8876 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Want Nikon Transfer without View NX2"
In response to Reply # 6

Atlanta, US

The old stand alone program is no longer being updated to support new camera models. We have one report of it corrupting files during the transfer process for D800 files.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8895 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.