nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
EmGeeBee

UK
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
EmGeeBee Registered since 18th Apr 2012
Sun 06-May-12 01:07 PM

Hello, newbie here.

I've recently upgraded from my old D50 to a D7000 and am considering getting the Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye lens to expand my capabilities. I know that the Nikon Capture NX2 software does Fisheye Image Correction on RAW images, but am I correct in thinking that the View NX2 software that came with my camera does NOT offer this? I've loaded the View NX2 on my Mac and can't see an option for this tool.

Also, if I do need to buy Capture NX2 I'm a little confused as to the correct version. Amazon UK seems to show three versions (one of which is an upgrade for around £99). I know I need the full version but they seem to have two listings for it - one at £125 and one at £175 (which is listed as 'Complete'). I don't want asto pay an extra £50 if I don't need to, but I'm unsure if these two items are different from each other in some way.

Any help very much appreciated

G