Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #872
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 can't locate subfolder" Previous topic | Next topic
bobr Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jun 2004Tue 17-Nov-09 07:48 PM
343 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 can't locate subfolder"
Tue 17-Nov-09 09:20 PM by bobr

pitman, US

Help please! As an added precaution, I started to back up the folders in Nikon Transfer to dvd in addition to external drives. The Transfer folders are labeled Transfer 1, sub folder name 400ND300. in order to back up the sub-folder, I renamed the the folder to include the date, i.e. 400ND30011152009, and saved it to the dvd, then renamed it back to 400ND300.
I then tried to reopen the folder in the browser (shows it's there) but, when I click on the sub-folder nothing happens. I can go into ViewNX and access the sub-folder and it opens, and I can open an image into NX2 one at a time, and I can do the same with Windows Explorer, and no problem with PSE7 but NX2 can't seem to find the path to the sub folder on it's own. Any one have any suggestions?

Bob

Edited: uninstalled, reinstalled NX2-problem solved, since I'm going to back up these to dvd from now on I'm going to add a unique identifier to each sub-folder during transfer from the CF card.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #872 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.