Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8674
View in linear mode

Subject: "Color space" Previous topic | Next topic
nevan Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011Sun 15-Apr-12 10:45 AM
222 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Color space"
Fri 20-Apr-12 03:39 AM by jrp

MU

Hi to all Nikonians friends around the planet,
Just let me bring to you the sunshine of the tropic. I'm happy to share the same realities as you, though we are separated by thousands of kilometres.

I was going through the D300 manual and came to color space.I read that when Adobe RGB is selected,the colours might not be as vivid if the pic is not extensively processed.

My question is to know how to get brillant colours if Adobe RGB is selected? Does it have the same effect when using colour booster or saturation?

I'll check the Youtube site to know more about Capture soon.

Thanks to all and enjoy life wherever you are.
Ned

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Color space
nevan Silver Member
16th Apr 2012
robsb Platinum Member
17th Apr 2012
nevan Silver Member
19th Apr 2012
robsb Platinum Member
20th Apr 2012
ericbowles Moderator
20th Apr 2012

nevan Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011Mon 16-Apr-12 04:31 PM
222 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Color space"
In response to Reply # 0

MU

Hello everybody,
i'm just adding that i visited youtube,looking for the tutorials related to sharpness.I watched about whitening eyes,retouching,control points,etc.

To my great disappointment,i could not come across any videos regarding colours.

i guess the sharpening tools will help dealwith colours too.

I welcome any comment from you all.

Regards

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 17-Apr-12 10:51 PM
12824 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Color space"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

That is not true. What is true is that if you try to look at the aRGB images in a space that requires sRGB (a much smaller color space) and don't convert the color space in your image to sRGB beforehand then your image will look washed out on your monitor or on the web. It is better to shoot in Adobe RGB and process in Pro Photo Color space and then when you are done convert to 8 bit sRGB for anything you plan to post on the web. To do this you would make your working color space in VNX2, CNX2 or even Adobe products Pro Photo and set your camera to shoot in Adobe RBG. This will assure that you keep your image color details and not throw away data. Sometime in the future, displays may show larger color spaces than sRGB and in fact some high end monitors already cover most of the aRGB space right now. Once your processing is done. Save the file and then make a web version for posting by doing a convert of the assigned color space to sRGB. So there is no EXTENSIVE processing other than doing a single convert command at the end of what ever process you would normally do.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

nevan Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011Thu 19-Apr-12 06:18 PM
#3. "RE: Color space"
In response to Reply # 2

MU

Hello Bob,
it's been a pleisure to read your post about my request.Let me also tell you how your advice about youtube helped me greatly.
Practice makes perfect...
take care
Ned

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Fri 20-Apr-12 07:23 AM
12824 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Color space"
In response to Reply # 3

San Jose, US

Ned glad it was helpful. Remember we all started at one point where you are now and someone helped us too.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 20-Apr-12 11:16 AM
8695 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Color space"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

Bob is correct - changing color space is quite easy.

It would be nice if changing color space could be handled with a check box under the Convert command in View NX2. I find that many of my web posts are handled in View so this could be simplified. Capture has so many variations in final output that it probably is not practical to have a check box, but that is an option for the future.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8674 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.