nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8449
View in linear mode

Subject: "XMP/IPTC data problems since installing new version NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
shotglass Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2010Sun 11-Mar-12 01:11 AM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"XMP/IPTC data problems since installing new version NX2"

Springfield Ohio, US

When trying to load new xmp/iptc data to photos I get a "cannot save file" error message. This also happens when I try to load the presets data. Went to general preferences and the correct data is in preset but it won't load to my newest photos.
Contacted Nikon several days ago they said they have heard of this and are working on it but still no answer.
Any help?
Am running windows 7 with i5 processor and plenty of room on my hard drive. Noticed the problem in the new version of view NX2 also.
Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Please Visit My Website www.pfbimages.photoshelter.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 13-Mar-12 06:00 AM
13475 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: XMP/IPTC data problems since installing new version NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

I have had this happen from time to time. Just close and reopen NX2 and it should work.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

shotglass Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2010Fri 16-Mar-12 03:01 AM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: XMP/IPTC data problems since installing new version NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

Springfield Ohio, US

Thanks for the advice. I'll give this a try and report the results.

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Fri 16-Mar-12 02:05 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: XMP/IPTC data problems since installing new version NX2"
In response to Reply # 2

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

I used to see this often and in the end I went the expensive way (for a simple amateur) and bought Photo mechanic which got rid of another problem which Nikon also knew about at the same time. (NX2 Keyword anomalies plus other niggles.

shotglass Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2010Sun 18-Mar-12 03:28 AM
#4. "RE: XMP/IPTC data problems since installing new version NX2"
In response to Reply # 3
Sun 18-Mar-12 03:29 AM by shotglass

Springfield Ohio, US

Thanks. Been thinking about taking the plunge with Photo Mechanic and this might just be the push I needed.
Love your shot , "Inside a Cloud"

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8449 Previous topic | Next topic