Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8192
View in linear mode

Subject: "Will the D800 trigger CNX3?" Previous topic | Next topic
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 07-Feb-12 11:42 AM
5862 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Will the D800 trigger CNX3?"
Tue 07-Feb-12 12:10 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

It will be interesting to see what Nikon does with Capture NX to accommodate the D800 (or is v2.3 already capable of processing D800 images?).

These huge RAW files should be a real challenge, at least in terms of speed.

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Tue 07-Feb-12 11:47 AM
14443 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wil the D800 trigger CNX3"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

The D800 drove the need for 2.3.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 07-Feb-12 08:26 PM
5862 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wil the D800 trigger CNX3"
In response to Reply # 1

Tacoma, US

Thanks for the insight, Rick.

I thought they were just being nice to us who have been suffering with CNX2 for a while. v2.3 is greatly improved in either the 32 or 64 bit version. I am curious to hear how it handles the D800 raw files in the real world of Nikonians.

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

FrankSRGB Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2009Tue 07-Feb-12 11:15 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wil the D800 trigger CNX3"
In response to Reply # 2

US

The EXIF data for new releases is always interesting. There are downloadable, full res, JPGs from the D800 available here.....

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d800/sample01.htm

Several of the images were taken in July 2011, and processed with CNX 2.3 in Oct 2011.

Until NEFs become available for download, try a JPG. They are large files and will give you a taste of what the NEF might be like. They do take longer to process.

FWIW I think the D800 triggered the 64-bit CNX update and something else will trigger CNX3. Perhaps CNX3 for stills, CNX3V with optional video module

Regards,
Frank

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Tue 07-Feb-12 11:37 PM
14443 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Wil the D800 trigger CNX3"
In response to Reply # 3

Colorado Springs, US

NX 2.3 was around in very stable form for quite a while before it was formerly released. I certainly processed images with it back in that time frame. The NX3 triggers aren't based on DSLR models.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8192 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.