Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8178
View in linear mode

Subject: "Preferences in NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
lorensr Registered since 05th Feb 2012Sun 05-Feb-12 06:28 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Preferences in NX2"

US

While clearing the cache in Preferences for Capture 2NX, do you place check marks in the 3 boxes under Preferences, Cache Settings: Editing Cache ? If not, why not? Thanks much… Loren Sr.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

chevysales Registered since 08th Nov 2008Sun 05-Feb-12 10:07 PM
156 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Preferences in NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

US

i have caches on separate drives to start with. I had used them for years and on one of the upgrades in started to get errors and after spending some time in the flikr group dedicated to NX2 and it was recommended to uncheck all on that page, which i did and never had an issue. group can be found here http://www.flickr.com/groups/capturenx/

and a former nikon employee micheal rubin gave an excellent class explaining use of the program at b and h and can be watched here...
http://www.video.bhphotovideo.com/?fr_story=109dbb60be8386c2c7ae59406b1b114fce4acfa0&rf=bm

that said i have 12gbs of hyperX memory @ 1603 and i7-940 overclocked on asus PT6 Deluxe all built by Puget systems for photo and audio work back in dec 09.

just getting ready to order a new box 2011 chipset from FalcoNorthwest another awesome boutique builder.

while my machine is no slouch it can more than handle the cache but i haven't had it on since rubins class.

Happy Nikon convert from Canon...
D700
24-70 f2.8
70-200vr f2.8

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8178 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.