Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8174
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tranferring recent transfer to disk" Previous topic | Next topic
limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011Sat 04-Feb-12 09:17 PM
347 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Tranferring recent transfer to disk"

Waynesville, US

Tried to search for this topic with no luck. How do I transfer a set of photos transferred from camera to computer via Nikon Transfer and now in View NX2 to my disk drive to put on CD? TX

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Sat 04-Feb-12 09:32 PM
426 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Tranferring recent transfer to disk"
In response to Reply # 0

Sydney, AU

Hi

your photos are not 'in' View NX2, they are in a folder on your hard drive, and View NX is just displaying them. Which folder they are in depends on your settings when you used Transfer.

If you can see your photos in View NX you can look at the 'Folders' tree on the left of the screen, and see the path to get to your photos using another program.

David

My Gallery

limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011Sun 05-Feb-12 12:06 PM
347 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Tranferring recent transfer to disk"
In response to Reply # 1

Waynesville, US

Thank you for trying to help but as will quickly become evident I am techno challenged and need an idiots guide 101 <smile> Haven't used NX2 in some time but do not recall having this problem and cant remeber what I did before! The photos I just shot are in a folder "recent transfer" on NX2. I can do a "select all" but can't do anything with them including renaming from there. Again, do not recall having this probl;em before and as far as I know did nothing different in the transfer from camera to computer process. Help in NX2 is not helping and apparently there is no hard copy guide available. Am using Windows 7. Any ideas?

OldCodger Registered since 15th Oct 2011Sun 05-Feb-12 01:16 PM
557 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Tranferring recent transfer to disk"
In response to Reply # 2

Sawbridgeworth Hertfordshire, GB

You did not say what operating system you are using Windows or Apple or which generation of whichever so only a general response at this time.
If using a Windows PC, click Start and go to 'Pictures', this will open a tree which contains, or should contain all of your pictures in folders, one for each transfer that you have made. It is then just a question of clicking each one in turn until you get the one that you want.
Hint: Once you have found the folder that you need - or even others that might be of future interest, Right click the mouse and select 'Rename' and give the folder a name that will be easy to find next time.
The picture files can be copied to disk as you require.
If you are using an Apple, this will not help but I am sure that someone will step forward to assist. Just as with cameras it is pretty essential to know the model, PC issues do benefit from a clear confirmation of the exact details of the machine.

limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011Sun 05-Feb-12 01:48 PM
#4. "RE: Tranferring recent transfer to disk"
In response to Reply # 3

Waynesville, US

Thank you - found it! Somehow the transfer ended up with a name that was not (but obviously was) appended by me. Problem solved.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8174 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.