Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #817
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 & Wacom Intuos 3 - misalignment problem" Previous topic | Next topic
leolyons Registered since 21st Dec 2007Tue 17-Nov-09 10:14 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 & Wacom Intuos 3 - misalignment problem"

Folkestone, GB

I have been using a Wacom Intuos 3 graphics tablet with NX2 for eighteen months or so and have really loved working with it. However recently I have noticed that when I use the stylus it is sometimes misaligned with the image. If for instance I draw a circle with the lasso tool, the selected area will appear on the image a centimetre or so higher than where the cursor appeared to be putting it. This does not always happen - sometimes it is absolutley fine. I have not been able so far to establish a pattern to this behaviour. Often within a session the misalignment will suddenly appear. There does not then seem to be anyway to 'reset' it. The misalignment will be there with whatever tool I use.

I suspect it is somehow triggered by zooming an image before working on it.

I have downloaded the most recent drivers for the tablet. If I switch to the mouse (provided by Wacom with the tablet) there is no misalignment.

I wondered whether anyone else had experienced ths problem.

The attached screen dump illustrates the problem. A selection was drawn around the subject's head starting along the line of the black collar. As can be seen it actualy appears above and to the right of the head.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DCW Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2006Sun 22-Nov-09 01:36 AM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 & Wacom Intuos 3 - misalignment problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Clinton Township, US

I had exactly the same problem with my Wacom Graphire CTE-440 tablet. I found that if I selected another tool temporarily and then reselected the intended tool it worked fine. This happened on a regular basis but I could never determine the root cause. I tried updating drivers with no luck.

The tablet worked fine with CS3.

I was running Windows XP at the time. I have since updated to Vista and no longer have the problem.

Dennis

matcam Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Sun 22-Nov-09 07:16 PM
620 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 & Wacom Intuos 3 - misalignment problem"
In response to Reply # 1

cambridge, US

I've had the same problem for awhile now. Unfortunately, mine occurs while running NX2 on my home PC and its all the time, not intermittent like the prior posters. I went through days of back and forth with Nikon tech support but they never explained why it was happening or got it to stop. I've learned to compensate for the error which is always the same distance and direction from the target area (above and left for me, just like the original poster's misalignment) but it would be nice to have the damn thing line up for a change.

Matt

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #817 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.