nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
leolyons

Folkestone, UK
50 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
leolyons Registered since 21st Dec 2007
Tue 17-Nov-09 10:14 PM

I have been using a Wacom Intuos 3 graphics tablet with NX2 for eighteen months or so and have really loved working with it. However recently I have noticed that when I use the stylus it is sometimes misaligned with the image. If for instance I draw a circle with the lasso tool, the selected area will appear on the image a centimetre or so higher than where the cursor appeared to be putting it. This does not always happen - sometimes it is absolutley fine. I have not been able so far to establish a pattern to this behaviour. Often within a session the misalignment will suddenly appear. There does not then seem to be anyway to 'reset' it. The misalignment will be there with whatever tool I use.

I suspect it is somehow triggered by zooming an image before working on it.

I have downloaded the most recent drivers for the tablet. If I switch to the mouse (provided by Wacom with the tablet) there is no misalignment.

I wondered whether anyone else had experienced ths problem.

The attached screen dump illustrates the problem. A selection was drawn around the subject's head starting along the line of the black collar. As can be seen it actualy appears above and to the right of the head.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G