nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Still don't have my NX2 back - anyone have this PC issue??

F2AS

Washington, US
537 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
F2AS Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2005
Mon 30-Jan-12 11:10 PM

As I mentioned in another post below, in December I upgraded to NX2 v2.3, but when I entered the product key after the trial period was over it said my NX1 key was invalid. A gentleman at Nikon, Alfredo, has been working with me on this. He sent me a new NX2 product key but when I entered it, it still said the product key was invalid. I'm running my Capture NX2 on a 2 year old Dell XPS desktop, Windows 7.

Here is the kicker. Out of curiousity, I loaded my NX2 on my small Dell netbook, and the product key worked, but of course the netbook is too small & slow to do anything with. Right now I'm working with Alfredo to try to resolve the issue with my desktop, which may involve running some sort of scan on my computer and sending the results to Japan to analyze. In the meantime, I'm out of business as far as editing images are concerned. All I have is ViewNX.

I know there are tons of Capture product key issues reported, but I get the feeling my particular issue is very unique. I've been exploring my options if I can't get this resolved soon and they are 1) reformat my hard drive & reload Windows 7 (which I do not want to do), 2) buy a laptop to run Capture NX2, or 3) move to Lightroom when the next version is released. I guess my fourth option is to dump digital, get me an F6, and start having fun again.

Mike

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Still don't have my NX2 back - anyone have this PC ...

G