nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mefnj

US
242 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mefnj Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jan 2009
Thu 26-Jan-12 12:04 AM

There's a lot of great info on the forums regarding Win7 and Capture NX2. However, I wonder if anyone else has had these two problems and found a resolution to them?

1) If I select a .tif or a .jpg, NX2 is no longer showing up in the list as a program to open the files when I right-click and select "Open with..." I've also navigated through the "Choose default program..." dialog and selected the Capture NX 2.exe program from the Nikon folder several times, but it never shows up in the dialog after selecting it.

2) On an even odder note, I believe under Win XP I saw actual photo thumbnails of .nef files when looking though folders. However, now all I see for .nef files is the generic NEF/NX2 icon for each photo. And if I click on a .nef, i do not get a preview in the right-hand sidebar, but it states "No preview available". I would think with NX2 installed the system should display a preview.

Any thoughts/suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mark

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G