Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #812
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2: Color vs. Selection Control Point" Previous topic | Next topic
patriot1123 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jan 2006Sun 22-Nov-09 01:09 AM
429 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2: Color vs. Selection Control Point"

Scottsdale, US

I'm still struggling to learn this program.

What is the difference between the "color control point" and the "selection control point?"

Any help is appreciated!

-Anne in Arizona

Visit my Nikonians.org Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sun 22-Nov-09 01:49 AM
4851 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2: Color vs. Selection Control Point"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

Color control points are for local adjustment any of these: Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast, Red, Green, Blue, or Warmth.

Selection control points allow local application of any of the items found in the Adjust or Filters menus (for instance, selective sharpening or blurring).

You might be interested in Nikonian Jason Odell's book, The Photographers Guide to Capture NX2.

Hope this helps!

Jon Kandel
New York
Please visit my website and critique the images!

patriot1123 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jan 2006Sun 22-Nov-09 01:53 AM
429 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2: Color vs. Selection Control Point"
In response to Reply # 1

Scottsdale, US

Thanks, Jon!

I'm actually a complete idiot. I do have Jason's book and I"m working my way through it, and I posted my question too soon. I just now got to the page where he explains the difference and I raced over here to point out what a doofus I can be sometimes.

I appreciate your help!

-Anne in Arizona

Visit my Nikonians.org Gallery

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Sun 22-Nov-09 01:00 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2: Color vs. Selection Control Point"
In response to Reply # 2

Englewood, US

But, isn't Jason's book great? Also, have you checked out the tutorial
videos on capturenx.com at:
http://capturenx.com/en/lessons/lessons/index.html

Photographers' Tea: Earl 18% Grey

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

JGD Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Oct 2006Sun 22-Nov-09 11:10 PM
526 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX2: Color vs. Selection Control Point"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 22-Nov-09 11:11 PM by JGD

Frederick, US

Anne,
It is pretty mind blowing how well the selection control point works IF there is a large difference in color and/or contrast between what you wish to select and what you want left alone. And even more so if you have Nik's CEP 3.0 filters which work well with NX2 and the selection control points. Also give the (-)selection control point option a try as it can be useful, say in keeping the color of a flower and changing the rest of the image to B&W. Have fun playing.

Jim

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #812 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.