nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Mike46

US
81 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Mike46 Registered since 12th Dec 2008
Mon 23-Nov-09 02:37 AM

I am a novice post processer but am using the trial version of NX2 and can do many basic things. However, my goal is to become more proficient with black and white and I want to be able to apply subtle toning effects such as putting a very light sepia tone as a final touch. It appears NX2 can do this? It ticks me off that Silver Efex Pro, designed by Nik software, is an incompatible Photoshop plug-in. In essence, how powerful is the black and white processing in NX2 vis-a-vis Lightroom or CS3?

I also like the effects in the Lightroom Beta called "Presence, Vibrance, Luminance and Clarity." Will NX2 do these things also under different names?

I don't care too much about image management since I don't process that many images. Instead of playing around with all these different programs I want to learn one really well. NX2 seems like the easier program to learn. If I go with NX2 I'll get Jason Odell's book and dive in.

Mike46

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G