Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8068
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and..." Previous topic | Next topic
boblin Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jun 2010Sun 22-Jan-12 04:52 AM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"

Lincoln, US

I tried to follow what others had done in another thread and that was to uninstall CNX2, 2.3 and CEP3, 3.003 in order to re-install both for a 64 bit version of CNX2, 2.3 and CEP3, 3.004. I am now unable to load CEP3 from a disc because it is not finding CNX2. Here are the steps I used:

1. Uninstalled both programs from my win 7 computer using the uninstall program.
2. Re-installed CNX2 from disc loading CNX2, 2.00
3. Upgraded CNX2 to 2.3 version from Nikon
4. Used CEP3 complete edition disc to install CEP3
5. Get an error message that "...CNX2 no found, try again...

I have sent email to Nik support but can sometimes get help faster from Nikonians.
Any solutions?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version...
davidd1833 Silver Member
22nd Jan 2012
boblin Silver Member
22nd Jan 2012
Asgard Administrator
22nd Jan 2012
davidd1833 Silver Member
22nd Jan 2012
robsb Platinum Member
23rd Jan 2012
boblin Silver Member
22nd Jan 2012
davidd1833 Silver Member
22nd Jan 2012
JazzDoc Gold Member
24th Jan 2012
drjh68 Silver Member
13th Feb 2012
drjh68 Silver Member
13th Feb 2012

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Sun 22-Jan-12 06:15 AM
424 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 22-Jan-12 08:13 AM by davidd1833

Sydney, AU

You need the 64 bit version of CEP3 (V 3.0.0.4) to install with the 64 bit CNX2.3. The version on disk is probably looking for the 32 bit version of CNX2, which it cannot find.

You can download the latest CEP3 from the Nik website. It should be installed as a new install, not an upgrade.

Link here: http://www.niksoftware.com/site/.

David

My Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

boblin Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jun 2010Sun 22-Jan-12 04:54 PM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 1

Lincoln, US

Thanks for your idea, David. I am trying to install CEP3 from a disc over CNX2, 2.3 version. Maybe if i installed CEP3 over the 2.0 version of CNX2 I can then install the CNX2, 2.3 and then the CEP3, 3.004 version.
I have to get my CEP disc to find CNX2.
If I had CNX2, 2.3 on my computer, could I just download 3.004 without having the full version off of the CEP3, complete edition disc? I am unsure that this would work.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sun 22-Jan-12 05:08 PM
50212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

Try it this way:

Uninstall all versions.

Install CNX2 2.3 in the 32bit version.

Install CEP 3 (32bit).

Activate or install (I´m not familar with windows) CNX 2 to the 64 bit version.

Install CEP 3.004 (64bit).

That should work.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Sun 22-Jan-12 07:45 PM
424 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 3
Sun 22-Jan-12 07:48 PM by davidd1833

Sydney, AU

The way I did it:

Uninstall CNX2 and CEP3. Re-start the computer.

Install 64 bit CNX2 (2.3). (It will automatically install 64 bit if it doesn't find a 32 bit CEP3). Run it and activate it.

Install CEP3 3.004.

Dont try updating 32bit version to 64 bit, just install the 64 bit versions from scratch.

David

My Gallery

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 23-Jan-12 06:10 PM
12588 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#7. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 4

San Jose, US

DAvid is correct. If you have CEP 3 32 bit installed when you try to install CNX2.3 it will install the 32 bit version of CNX2 as an upgrade to allow you to use CEP. It will give you a choice of installing the 64 bit, bit then CEP 3 will not work. When you have CNX2 installed without a version of CEP installed, when you run CEP 3.0.0.4 is will see the 64 bit version of CNX2 and automatically install itself properly. I originally had 32 bit versions of everything installed before the 64 bit CEP was available. So the first thing I did was uninstall CEP3 32 bit rerun CNX2.3 which will not install a 64 bit version and then fianlly install the new 64 bit CEP3 which now properly installs as a 64 bit application. BTW NIK support says they have no plans to offer CEP4.0 for CNX2.3.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

boblin Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jun 2010Sun 22-Jan-12 09:12 PM
#5. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 3
Sun 22-Jan-12 11:23 PM by boblin

Lincoln, US

Thanks Asgard,

That is what I tried to do. I installed CNX2, then the 2.3 version and then tried to use my CEP3 disc to install it. It does not find CNX2 so will not load CEP3.
CEP3 for CNX2 will not load before there is a CNX version loaded on the computer.

I found a solution. Problem solved.
Thank you all.

Bob

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Sun 22-Jan-12 11:24 PM
#6. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 5

Sydney, AU

Refer to my Post #4.

Don't try installing off the original disks, just install the latest 64 bit versions.

David

My Gallery

JazzDoc Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Mar 2006Tue 24-Jan-12 02:05 AM
376 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 0

Rochester, US

Just to reemphasize what has worked for many of us:

Do not bother with discs, and instead download the new versions of both NX2 and CEP from the respective websites.

After uninstalling existing versions of both (all/any of them), install NX2 first and activate it with your program key. it should automatically install the 64 bit version. Then install CEP and activate it. NX2 should be automatically identified and CEP will place itself properly into NX2's filter menu. It is nice to have the enhanced speed in processing images at long last.

Cheers

Gary Paige

my gallery

www.frontpaige-photography.com

drjh68 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2003Mon 13-Feb-12 12:41 PM
143 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 8

Woodbridge, Suffolk, GB

Hallo Jazz Doc,

Thanks for very clear summary of the solution. It worked first time for me. CNX2 is now in Programs (not Programs X86)which is where I understand it should be for 64-bit working. And CEP v. 3.004 is likewise loaded and fully integrated into CNX2.

The one oddity is that having searched the computer for an hour or so, I cannot anywhere find where Color Efex Pro 3.004 is. It is not in Common Files>Nikon>CEP3 where it presumably should be. Has anyone else noticed that disappearance.

There is also an oddity in CNX2. At the top of the editing page a narrow strip of the Desktop underneath it appears - see photo. I tried to eliminate it by downloading a fresh copy of the latest CNX2, but it mad no difference. Has anyone else noticed that?

James
Suffolk UK

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

drjh68 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2003Mon 13-Feb-12 12:51 PM
143 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Problems reinstalling CEP 3 to get to 3.004 version and 64 bit"
In response to Reply # 9

Woodbridge, Suffolk, GB

Second attempt at uploading picture of CNX2 main page.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8068 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.