nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Capture NX2 2.3 update problems - Win XP - resolved

jimsanders

Buffalo, US
958 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008
Thu 19-Jan-12 09:13 PM | edited Sat 21-Jan-12 06:57 PM by jimsanders

I attempted this upgrade last week but was not successful. Thinking maybe there was a problem with the download I decided to wait. Today I tried with a new download and am having the same problem. Note the two downloads are the exact same size (116,231 KB).

My PC:
HP Pavilion Media Center m7480n Desktop PC
PentiumD 930 (P) DC 3.0 GHz
4GB RAM
300GB hard drive (80GB free)
Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3
Capture NX 2 v2.2.8
Task Manager shows a status of "running" for the application "Installing required files..."

The upgrade starts OK but never finishes. When I tried it last week I started it at the end of the evening and let it go all night. It ran at least 8 hours.

Here is what the screen looks like:

Click on image to view larger version

I noted in the required prerequisites that Microsoft .NET needed to be at v4.0 but if it wasn't at that level the install process would get the required files. Thinking that might be the problem I attempted to update this manually but could not find this download on the Microsoft download site. In fact, I could not even find any reference to it. My PC is running v3.5 of the .NET software. I only mention it as it is the only inconsistency I have found.

This has been a stellar PC for me and I have never had a problem running or updating any software. During the attempt today I went so far as to start the update after a clean boot, stop my anti-virus software (Avast), and make sure I did not run anything else but there has been no change. It has been over two hours now and the screen has not changed.

Any thoughts before I contact Nikon? Do you remember how long that message was on your screen?

Edit 1/21 - expanded topic for ease of finding later.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CNX2 2.3 update problems - Win XP

G