Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
recobb Registered since 08th Nov 2009
Mon 16-Nov-09 10:25 AM

I've been using ViewNX ever since it superseded Nikon View, and have always found it very useful. However, after the latest upgrade to 1.5 it has become nearly useless. On my wife's computer it would start to open, then give the 'sorry, we have to close this program' message. That was 'fixed' by uninstalling and going back to 1.3.

On my computer, it continues to work, but incredibly slow (opening the software requires a wait of at least a minute, as does changing a folder in the Folders view). It doesn't matter how many images are in a folder, and it used to be very fast (what would happen in less than a second before now takes up to a minute, or sometimes more).

It's only the thumbnail display main page that has a problem. Once I am viewing images full screen it works as it used to. But navigating the Explorer (folder view) is painful.

I have XP, SP2, and Capture NX2 installed. No problems with NX2. I have uninstalled both ViewNX and Capture NX2, and even used an uninstaller-cleaner to get rid of all traces (that it could find), then reinstalled, this time with v1.3 (which used to work fine, but was now extremely slow as well). Then upgraded to 1.5 again. I also updated the .NET software, and the Microsoft Visual C libraries (suggested on a website I found) No joy.

I use(d) ViewNX quite often, and I really hate to lose it. But I am out of ideas.

Richard Cobb