Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #800
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 Not Running after installing Premiere Elements 7" Previous topic | Next topic
slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Mon 23-Nov-09 07:02 PM
1546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 Not Running after installing Premiere Elements 7"

Frederick, US

I have had both Photoshop Elements 7 and Capture NX2 operational on one of my laptops for a few months. Now after installing Premiere Elements 7 (yes I wrote that right - I switched subjects in this sentence), I can't get it (Capture NX2) to start. My next step is to reinstall it (Capture NX2). Does anyone know if there is some kind of conflict between Capture NX2 and Premiere Elements 7?

Oh, one other possible issue: It is possible that I installed a Windows Vista version of Premiere Elements 7 on a Windows XP Home machine (where the Capture NX2 resides). I didn't even expect a Vista version would run on an XP home machine, so because it did, I assumed that the software was bilingual. Nothing else has been affected by the PE7.

Thanks,

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Thu 26-Nov-09 12:05 AM
6319 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 Not Running after installing Premiere Elements 7"
In response to Reply # 0

Albuquerque, US

When you installed PE7-for-Vista on Windows XP, Windows Vista DLLs could replace Windows XP versions of the same name. Windows apps are usually backwards-compatible but not forwards. NX2 may use some of the WinXP APIs that are now Vista. My bet is that you'll need to reinstall/refresh WinXP! I hope I'm wrong.

~LarryC (eLCee)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #800 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.