Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7930
View in linear mode

Subject: "CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out" Previous topic | Next topic
Glenn_K Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jan 2007Thu 12-Jan-12 08:13 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
Thu 12-Jan-12 08:58 PM by Glenn_K

Dallas, US

Per a recent post in the Flickr CNX group, CEP 3.0.0.4 is now available. I logged into my Nik account and went to my product, and confirmed that the version available for download is 3.0.0.4. I assume this is the 64-bit version we all have been wanting.

Edited to add: The software download page on Nik's Website now shows Version 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 at the very bottom of the page. Release notes confirm that it is 64 bit.

Glenn

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out
jtmcg Gold Member
13th Jan 2012
macfish
13th Jan 2012
Glenn_K Silver Member
13th Jan 2012
jtmcg Gold Member
13th Jan 2012
jtmcg Gold Member
14th Jan 2012
gpoole Platinum Member
14th Jan 2012
ericbowles Moderator
15th Jan 2012
Glenn_K Silver Member
14th Jan 2012
nwcs Silver Member
13th Jan 2012
david_mathre Platinum Member
13th Jan 2012
Freewheeler10
14th Jan 2012
JazzDoc Gold Member
15th Jan 2012
ericbowles Moderator
15th Jan 2012
JazzDoc Gold Member
15th Jan 2012
Hotswimmer Silver Member
16th Jan 2012
ozscribe Silver Member
18th Jan 2012
boblin Silver Member
19th Jan 2012
leebaylin Silver Member
19th Jan 2012
Hotswimmer Silver Member
19th Jan 2012
ozscribe Silver Member
20th Jan 2012

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Fri 13-Jan-12 12:05 AM
3630 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 0

Simsbury, US

Have you reinstalled CNX2 2.30 as 64 bit and does it work with CEP 3.0.0.4?

John

macfish Registered since 05th Nov 2004Fri 13-Jan-12 12:52 PM
140 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 1

Columbus, US

Just to clarify. Nik even emailed me to notify me of the update, along with my activation code. Great customer service!

Downloaded the file, and per Nik suggestion, first double-clicked the uninstaller to remove 3.0.0.3.
Then ran the installer, it prompted me for the activation code, installed without a hitch.
On Mac, went back to Capture NX2 get info and unchecked launch in 32-bit.
Launched NX2, voila, everything works, and very quickly!
Thanks NIK!!!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Glenn_K Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jan 2007Fri 13-Jan-12 02:21 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 1
Sat 14-Jan-12 03:04 PM by Glenn_K

Dallas, US

John -- Running Win 7, I reinstalled CNX2 2.3.0 without any problems. First, I removed CEP. Then I reinstalled CNX2 2.3.0. I was not given the option to install a 32- or 64-bit version, as I was when I originally installed CNX2 2.3.0 (with CEP still on my machine). I think the CNX2 installation may only give the 32/64 option if it detects CEP. Just a guess. Then I installed CEP, and things work fine.

After posting my original message, I also received an e-mail notice from Nik with a link to the upgrade and my product code. Great customer service as mentioned above.

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Fri 13-Jan-12 11:55 PM
3630 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 5

Simsbury, US

Glenn

Thanks for the response. That's good news. But I think you mean CNX2 2.3.0

John

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Sat 14-Jan-12 11:21 AM
#7. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 6

Simsbury, US

Just reinstalled CEP 3.0.0.4 and CNX2 as Glenn described and it works great.

A puzzling wrinkle in my reinstall of CNX2. This time I had to re-enter my product key for CNX2. I didn't have to do that when I installed CNX2 2.3.0 last month. Also this time it didn't ask for my CNX product key. Since my CNX2 is an upgrade from CNX, in the past I've had to enter my CNX key as well. I've registered both with Nikon so I can get them and expected to have to enter the CNX key again when it asked for my CNX2 key. But no, after accepting my CNX2 key it sailed through.

Note that if you uninstall CEP 3 as Glenn recommends, you'll need the product key to install 3.0.0.4. As Glenn noted if you've registered it at Nik and you log in the key is there.

Thanks again for the heads up Glenn.

John

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Sat 14-Jan-12 01:13 PM
3669 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 7

Farmington Hills, US

It seems that you only have to enter CNX2 license codes when you make the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit. When you update to the 64 bit version it treated like a first time install. When you update a 32 bit version to the next 32 bit version the licensing status is remembered. I would guess that's because the information for 64 bit programs is stored in a different branch of the Windows registry than the info for 32 bit programs.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 15-Jan-12 10:05 AM
8587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 7

Atlanta, US

On my Windows 7 installation, I updated Color Efex to 3.004, then reinstalled Capture NX2 2.3 without uninstalling anything. Capture was correctly installed as a 64 bit program (with no prompt), but without the CE plugin. I assume that CE was pointed elsewhere. I had to provide the Capture NX2 product key, but not earlier versions. Then I installed CEP 3.004 a second time with the product key and it correctly installed as a plugin for the 64 bit Capture.

So if you have CEP 3.004 installed, it looks for the 64 bit program and installs under that program. If you are running the 32 bit program, CEP 3.004 will still install and with a reinstall or upgrade will cause Capture to install as a 64 bit program. But then you need to reinstall CEP to work with that program.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Glenn_K Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jan 2007Sat 14-Jan-12 03:10 PM
#10. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 6

Dallas, US

John -- Good catch. I have corrected my post. With so much chatter in forums about wanting a "CNX2 3.0", my brain must have fast-forwarded.

As to the product key when reinstalling CNX2 2.3.0 as a clean, new install, I, too, was just asked for my key for CNX2, and I did not have to also enter the key for my original CNX purchase. Made it a tad easier time.

Glenn

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Fri 13-Jan-12 12:35 AM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Works like a charm on Mac. Thanks for pointing it out.

david_mathre Platinum Member Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2006Fri 13-Jan-12 03:44 AM
530 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 0

Skillman, US

It works with the 64 bit version of Capture NX2. I had given up on Capture NX2 a year ago switching to Capture One Pro. Missing from Capture One Pro are the plugins available for Photoshop and now the Nik Color Efex Pro plugin for Capture NX2.

DJM

"Images of the Day" PhotoBlog
My Nikonians Gallery
ShepArtPhotography Gallery

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Sat 14-Jan-12 12:18 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 14-Jan-12 12:22 PM by Freewheeler10

Englewood, US

I also received an update email from Nik announcing the
new upgrade, and the email even contained my serial number.
Good customer service from Nik! I had, months ago, fiddled
with my system files on the mac so that it always boots in
64-bit mode, now I need a 64-bit Silver Effects Pro plugin for
Aperture and I'll be all set.

Happy Shooting!
___Gary

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

JazzDoc Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Mar 2006Sun 15-Jan-12 06:25 PM
399 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 0

Rochester, US

I had no trouble installing NX2 2.3 and CEP 3.0.0.4, and did so after uninstalling all earlier versions. I was asked for product codes for both and no mention of 32/64 bit version, and so presume that all is operating in 64-bit form.

That said, how does one actually prove that the program is in fact operating as a 64-bit application?

Gary Paige

my gallery

www.frontpaige-photography.com

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 15-Jan-12 08:02 PM
8587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 12

Atlanta, US

On a Windows system, you should have two folders called Program Files - one simply Program files for 64 bit programs, and the other called Program Files (x86) for 32 bit programs.

The folder Program Files should contain a subfolder called Nikon, and in that folder you will have another subfolder called Capture NX2. You may also have one for the NEFCodec.

Furthermore after you open the program, open Task Manager. Under Task Manager click on the tab for Processes. Scroll down and you will see Capture NX 2 listed. That means it is running as a 64 bit program. If it is running as 32 bit, it will show as Capture NX 2 *32 .

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

JazzDoc Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Mar 2006Sun 15-Jan-12 11:53 PM
399 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 13

Rochester, US

Thanks, Eric. I had checked on the location of the program's installation, but your second comment regarding the task manager and how NX2 should be listed, was the reminder I needed.
Cheers
Gary

Gary Paige

my gallery

www.frontpaige-photography.com

Hotswimmer Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2008Mon 16-Jan-12 12:25 AM
384 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 0

Annapolis, US

I updated to CNX2 V2.3.0 and Nik CEF 3.0 V3.0.0.4 on my Macbook Pro running OSX 10.6.8. Installation went smoothly, though I was asked for my CNX2 product key. Both programs are running beautifully.

ozscribe Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Jun 2004Wed 18-Jan-12 11:22 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 0

Melbourne, AU

Trying to buy CEP 3 for Capture NX2 in Australia, however all roads and email responses from Nik and its local reseller seem to point to the fact that it is discontinued. I even bought the complete collection that is still advertised as containing "CEP 3 with an upgrade to CEP 4". Frankly I do not understand why Nik posts the link to CEP 3.0.0.4 when one cannot use it. Any thoughts on how to buy?

boblin Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jun 2010Thu 19-Jan-12 02:13 AM
133 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 16

Lincoln, US

Check B&H photo. Make sure that the CEP 3 is for cnx 2. You should get two product keyes in the box. One for Adobe lightroom and the other for Cnx 2. If you do not get a key for Cnx 2 but the box claims that it for Cnx 2, call Nik for a key. You will have to upgrade from Nik for newer versions such as 3.0.0.3 or 3.0.0.4.

leebaylin Silver Member Charter MemberThu 19-Jan-12 02:51 AM
825 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"

Baltimore, US

I've had some discussion with Nik recently about CEP 3.0 and NX2. They tell me ALL versions of CEP 3.0 Complete qualify for a NX2 license. Nik doesn't sell it any more, but there are some in the retail pipeline. If the NX2 license does not come in the box, register the regular version and then email Nik for the code for NX2. You can then download the newest NX2 version and install it for 32 or 64 bit and activate it. If bought after a certain date (August, I think) it also qualifies for a CEP 4.0 license.

Lee Baylin

Hotswimmer Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2008Thu 19-Jan-12 04:17 AM
384 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"

Annapolis, US

I have no idea if this is still the case or not, and on top of that, don't know if the situation is the same in Australia as it is here in the U.S., but back in October, 2011, I purchased Color Effects Pro 3.0 for Capture NX2 directly from Nik by calling into their office. It was already impossible to buy it on their web sites at that time. I've made subsequent updates by logging into my Nik account on their web site, going to my registration page, clicking on CEP 3.0 for Capture NX2, and it provides a link to the most current version of the software.

I was told at the time of purchase by the Nik rep that support for CEP for NX2 was in the process of being migrated to Nikon. I read here on Nikonians that CEP for NX2 appeared briefly on the Nikon website, and then quickly disappeared. Not sure what the situation is now, but if you really need the product, a call to one of Nik's large regional offices might be worth a try.

ozscribe Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Jun 2004Fri 20-Jan-12 01:17 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: CEP 3.0.0.4 for CNX 2 is Out"
In response to Reply # 19

Melbourne, AU

Thanks for your responses - much appreciated. I will try again, but I have been in contact directly with Nik head office and also the local reseller to no avail. As a fully paidup Nik user it seems ironic that I may have to wait for Nikon to pick up the support function and in the meanwhile keep downloading demo versions of CEP 3.0.X

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7930 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.