nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #774
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 and Vista SP2" Previous topic | Next topic
drjh68 Silver Member  Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK  Nikonian since 18th Oct 2003 Mon 23-Nov-09 01:34 PM
146 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 and Vista SP2"

I have not yet installed SP2 on my 32-bit Vista Ultimate system, in view of the various problems which it had during the first months/year of its arrival.

Is it now safe to do so? I am particularly concerned that it should not upset CNX2, which also after a trying start now works fine. And I also hope that it works 100% with the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 printer.

Any opinons appreciated,for or against.

I am not planning to move to Windows 7 until it too settles down reliably.

James

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Hendric   Schwarzwald, DE  Registered since 10th Jun 2008 Tue 24-Nov-09 11:52 AM
1053 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 and Vista SP2"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

currently Capture NX2 does not work under Windows7. According to their press release this will take a view weeks (months).

Back to your question.

I´m using Capture NX2 on a Vista ultimate computer. SP2 did not cause any issue while working.

Unfortunately I can´t give you any advice or response on the scanner issue you mentioned. But hope that my Vista answer helps.

Click on image to view larger version add me to your circles Click on image to view larger version

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

RSchussel Silver Member  Vallejo, US  Nikonian since 24th Nov 2008 Thu 26-Nov-09 06:22 AM
421 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 and Vista SP2"
In response to Reply # 1

The statement about NX2 is WRONG.

I am currently running NX2 2.2.2 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with 8G of RAM with a Duo Core Intel 8600 CPU.It is running about twice as fast as Vista.

Bob

BillCoughlin   Leesport, US  Registered since 13th Nov 2008 Tue 24-Nov-09 02:09 PM
188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 and Vista SP2"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 24-Nov-09 02:11 PM by BillCoughlin

>I have not yet installed SP2 on my 32-bit Vista Ultimate
>system, in view of the various problems which it had during
>the first months/year of its arrival.
>
>Is it now safe to do so? I am particularly concerned that it
>should not upset CNX2, which also after a trying start now
>works fine. And I also hope that it works 100% with the
>Canon Pixma Pro 9000 printer.
>
>Any opinons appreciated,for or against.
>
>I am not planning to move to Windows 7 until it too settles
>down reliably.
>
>James
I was running NX2 on Vista Ultimate with all patches applied with no problems. I do not have experience with that printer, however, I'd image that the worse case scenario would be to just reinstall drivers.
NX2 does work with Windoes 7. I upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate. The only thing with NX2 was that I had to re-enter the serial number, so yes, it does work just fine. As far as your comment about not moving to Windows 7 until it 'settles down reliably'. In my experience, Windows 7 is much more stable than Vista. Photoshop used to stop working for me every once in a while with Vista, now I've had no issues under Windows 7.
Bill
>
>

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ... Dr Seuss

drjh68 Silver Member  Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK  Nikonian since 18th Oct 2003 Sat 28-Nov-09 04:07 PM
146 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NX2 and Vista SP2"
In response to Reply # 2

Hendric, Bob and Bill,

Thanks very much for your helpful replies.

James

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #774 Previous topic | Next topic