Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7735
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX2 not opening full screen" Previous topic | Next topic
bobtail Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Sep 2006Thu 29-Dec-11 11:20 AM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX2 not opening full screen"

Axminster, UK

I have had a problem which I reported to Nikon in November 2010. They said they knew about it and a solution would come in future updates. Each time I update in hope of a solution I am disappointed again. In fact the latest-2.2.5 seems worse than ever !
Is anyone out there having this proble ?

I reported this in query 1 101123-003616 , to Nikon:

I have been waiting for a solution in each successive update, including the latest.(2-2-5)
The problem remains.
I open thumbnail view-open first one to full screen ok, and than try to advance through the others by clicking navigation arrow at bottom of screen. It works for the first 5 or 6 images , then fails to open them.
It works better in Image Viewer mode, but I want to use full screen for evaluation and grading images.
Full screen works fine in the earlier ViewNX, which I keep having to use.
Chris.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bobtail Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Sep 2006Fri 30-Dec-11 11:34 AM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX2 not opening full screen"
In response to Reply # 0

Axminster, UK

This just received from Nikon.
They do say the 'patience is a virtue'!:

Lorraine 29/12/2011 | 04:46 PM

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email.

As you have mentioned, View NX2 has been updated to version 2.2.5. This update, unfortunately, does not address your issue.

The matter has been reported to Japan and they recognise it. They have said that they plan to release an update to address it but cannot confirm when the relevant update to address it will be released.

We are greatly sorry that the matter has not been dealt with in recent updates, but unfortunately we have little further to advise at present on this particular problem. All we can advise is that you continue to use View NX as a part of your work process.

May I offer my apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment caused. If you have any further comments regarding the matter at hand or questions regarding other Nikon products or services, you are welcome to contact me again and I will be happy to provide you the best available answer or advice.

Kind Regards,

Lorraine Tierney
Nikon Europe Support

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Fri 30-Dec-11 12:37 PM
4449 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX2 not opening full screen"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

Chris,I have used View NX from its beginning right through to the latest update and have never experienced the problem you are having nor recall it being mentioned before by anyone.

Rick

bobtail Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Sep 2006Fri 30-Dec-11 02:51 PM
#3. "RE: View NX2 not opening full screen"
In response to Reply # 2

Axminster, UK

So have I, but it is a real issue and interesting that Nikon seem to recognise it .
Chris.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7735 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.