Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7692
View in linear mode

Subject: "ViewNX 2.2.5" Previous topic | Next topic
jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Sun 25-Dec-11 12:31 PM
3479 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ViewNX 2.2.5"

Simsbury, US

Just did this upgrade. Seems to work fine for my purposes but I just noticed a curious thing. I clicked on Help/About View NX2 and the Splash Screen doesn't have the version #. Isn't providing version # one of the purposes of the splash screen? Has anyone else seen this?

I asked Nikon support about this but have not received an answer.

John

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: ViewNX 2.2.5
cej_in_nc Silver Member
25th Dec 2011
jtmcg Gold Member
25th Dec 2011
cej_in_nc Silver Member
25th Dec 2011
jtmcg Gold Member
26th Dec 2011
rb4good Silver Member
26th Dec 2011
jtmcg Gold Member
27th Dec 2011
jrp Administrator
27th Dec 2011
jtmcg Gold Member
27th Dec 2011
jtmcg Gold Member
27th Dec 2011

cej_in_nc Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jan 2009Sun 25-Dec-11 01:24 PM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ViewNX 2.2.5"
In response to Reply # 0

Waynesville, US

Win 7 version shows 2.2.5 in small white font on a pale green background located in upper right under "ViewNX2(tm)".

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Sun 25-Dec-11 03:10 PM
3479 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ViewNX 2.2.5"
In response to Reply # 1

Simsbury, US

Hi Charles

I have Win 7. Just looked again where you said it should be and it's not there. Strange.

John

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

cej_in_nc Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jan 2009Sun 25-Dec-11 11:00 PM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: ViewNX 2.2.5"
In response to Reply # 2

Waynesville, US

I agree -- it's strange.
The Help/About display for me appears to be the same as yours except yours omits the version. I suppose there is always the standard suggestion: uninstall and reinstall. Or wait for Nikon to reply.
Perhaps someone else experiencing the same peculiarity will respond.

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Mon 26-Dec-11 10:46 AM
#4. "RE: ViewNX 2.2.5"
In response to Reply # 3

Simsbury, US

>I suppose there is always the
>standard suggestion: uninstall and reinstall. Or wait for
>Nikon to reply.

Yep I didn't want to bother doing un/re and as far as I can tell this seems to be the only glitch in the installation. I may or may not. Thanks for your responses.

John

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Mon 26-Dec-11 04:30 PM
4166 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: ViewNX 2.2.5"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

John,I just installed the update on a Windows7 machine and it does include the correct version on the splash screen.

Rick

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Tue 27-Dec-11 12:13 PM
#7. "RE: ViewNX 2.2.5"
In response to Reply # 5

Simsbury, US

Thanks for the feedback Rick.

John

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberTue 27-Dec-11 08:01 AM
34191 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: ViewNX 2.2.5"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 28-Dec-11 05:50 AM by jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX

John,
I would suggest an uninstall/reinstall simply because the missing version tag could be indicative of other problems.

Fortunately my upgrading went on uneventfully on my Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) laptop

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Tue 27-Dec-11 12:18 PM
#8. "RE: ViewNX 2.2.5"
In response to Reply # 6

Simsbury, US

Thanks for the comment jrp.

Yes the thought did cross my mind that something else might be lurking in the installation to jump out at me. Also it's handy to have the version no. In a month or two (or less) I won't remember which version I have installed. I'll do the un/re just to be on the safe side.

John

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Tue 27-Dec-11 06:22 PM
#9. "RE: ViewNX 2.2.5"
In response to Reply # 0

Simsbury, US

Just did the uninstall/reinstall on VNX 2.2.5. Works fine and Version 2.2.5 appears on the Help/About splash screen.

However...when I went into Windows Control Panel Uninstall it said the version I had installed was 2.2.3. There have been other threads in this forum regarding CNX 2.3 not working unless VNX 2.2.5 was installed yet I had no problem. I'm not computer savvy enough to know why. Anyway it's working OK now.

John

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7692 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.