Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7660
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2.3 not accepting my license key." Previous topic | Next topic
dlgarrett Registered since 24th Nov 2004Fri 23-Dec-11 04:54 PM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2.3 not accepting my license key."

Blue Grass, US

Anyone else seen this? I upgraded from NX 2.0 to 2.3 and it now says my license key is invalid. It worked before. All software was purchased from the Nikon store, I even have a copy of the receipt. I posted a question for Nikon support but so far no response.
My code is for an upgrade from NX which was an upgrade from Capture.
Any ideas? Is my problem unique?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Fri 23-Dec-11 08:55 PM
11506 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2.3 not accepting my license key."
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Hi Dan,

I think this problem has come up before. I think Nikon limits the number of times that you can use the same key. Once you pass that limit you will need to contact Nikon support. They should be able to get you back on track.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

dlgarrett Registered since 24th Nov 2004Fri 23-Dec-11 09:00 PM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2.3 not accepting my license key."
In response to Reply # 1

Blue Grass, US

Thanks, Dave, that would make sense if it was a new install, but it is an upgrade to a fully licensed and functional install.

Like you said, I just need to have Nikon join the conversation.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 23-Dec-11 09:27 PM
51232 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2.3 not accepting my license key."
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

I would try to update from 2.0 to 2.2 with all updates and then to 2.3.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sat 24-Dec-11 01:34 AM
8710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NX2.3 not accepting my license key."
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Normally when you are upgrading Capture NX2 based on an upgrade to 2 from Capture NX, they ask for the product key to CNX 2 then the key to CNX.

Nikon does limit the number of computers you can have CNX2 installed on - and you may need to talk to support and explain if you have it installed on old machines that are no longer in use.

Nikon has been burned badly by vendors selling illegitimate software. The crack down is understandable as it is similar to the strategy used by others. As long as you bought through legitimate sources, it will work out fine.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7660 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.