nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #761
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted" Previous topic | Next topic
Curtisj2 Silver Member  Minneapolis, US  Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005 Wed 25-Nov-09 05:11 PM
208 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted"

US folks can get them at http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Camera Control Pro 2.7.0 updates:

Support for the D3S been added.
Support for Mac OS X version 10.5.8 and 10.6.1 has been added.
When a D3S is connected for shooting, images can be simultaneously recorded to a memory card inserted in the camera.
Compatibility with 32- and 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate has been added. Under a 64-bit environment the software operates as a 32-bit application.
Compatibility with 64-bit Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate (Service Pack 2) editions has been added. Under a 64-bit environment the software operates as a 32-bit application.

Capture NX 2.2.3 updates:

Windows:

Support for RAW images captured with the D3S has been added.
When RAW (NEF/NRW) images with GPS information embedded were saved in JPEG format, GPS information was modified in some rare cases. This issue has been resolved.
An accurate flash compensation value was not displayed for images captured using Advanced Wireless Lighting. This issue has been resolved.
When a folder containing images with comments attached using some third party software applications was selected, an error message was displayed and Capture NX 2 quit unexpectedly. This issue has been resolved.

Macintosh:

Support for Mac OS X version 10.5.8 has been added.
Support for RAW images captured with the D3S has been added.
When RAW (NEF/NRW) images with GPS information embedded were saved in JPEG format, GPS information was modified in some rare cases. This issue has been resolved.
An accurate flash compensation value was not displayed for images captured using Advanced Wireless Lighting. This issue has been resolved.
When the Verify button in the Profile First Aid panel of Mac OS X’s Color Sync Utility was clicked to verify image profiles, they were recognized as bad files. This issue has been resolved (for most profiles*).

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine
25th Nov 2009
Reply message RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted sputacus
26th Nov 2009
     Reply message RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted Freewheeler10
28th Nov 2009
          Reply message RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted bandola Silver Member
28th Nov 2009
               Reply message RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted sputacus
28th Nov 2009
               Reply message RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted bandola Silver Member
28th Nov 2009
               Reply message RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted Freewheeler10
29th Nov 2009

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine   Farmington Hills, US  Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004 Wed 25-Nov-09 06:23 PM
3874 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks for the heads up.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

sputacus   US  Registered since 05th Dec 2008 Thu 26-Nov-09 04:45 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu 26-Nov-09 05:14 AM by sputacus

2.2.3 updated 2.2.2 on my SL scratch disk without any problems.

2.2.2 did not install correctly on my SL system when it was released - I had to roll back to 10.5.8, install 2.2.2, and upgrade again to SL to get it working on SL. So it appears that in 2.2.3 Nikon has corrected the problem NX2's installer was having with SL.

With CCP 2.7, the viewer is now working in SL.

Freewheeler10   Englewood, US  Registered since 17th Apr 2008 Sat 28-Nov-09 01:20 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted"
In response to Reply # 2

>2.2.2 did not install correctly on my SL system when it was
>released - I had to roll back to 10.5.8, install 2.2.2, and
>upgrade again to SL to get it working on SL. So it appears
>that in 2.2.3 Nikon has corrected the problem NX2's installer
>was having with SL.
>
>With CCP 2.7, the viewer is now working in SL.

I experienced the same issues with cnx2.2.2, but oddly enough, if I install
2.2.2 on my macbook running 10.5.8, and just copy the application file to
the iMac running Snow Leopard, it works fine. Why that should work,
I have no idea whatsoever. Same with ViewNX. That being said, Cnx2.2.3
and CCPro 2.7 updates went smoothly. Yea!

Photographers' Tea: Earl 18% Grey

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

bandola Silver Member  CH  Nikonian since 05th Feb 2009 Sat 28-Nov-09 07:37 PM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted"
In response to Reply # 3

So what do you with some Mac experience say.

Should I install NX2 on my brand new i7 Imac or should I wait for an 64bit version (if it arrives)? I already have it on my PC so I can still edit my pictures. Having just converted to mac I do not want to ruin the system the first thing I do. All the bad things I read about NX2 and mac make me hesitate.

What do you think?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

sputacus   US  Registered since 05th Dec 2008 Sat 28-Nov-09 10:42 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted"
In response to Reply # 4

>So what do you with some Mac experience say.
>
>Should I install NX2 on my brand new i7 Imac or should I wait
>for an 64bit version (if it arrives)? I already have it on my
>PC so I can still edit my pictures. Having just converted to
>mac I do not want to ruin the system the first thing I do. All
>the bad things I read about NX2 and mac make me hesitate.
>
>What do you think?

I would suggest that you FIRST back up your system using Time Machine and make a clone of your system (I use SuperDuper! Carbon Copy Cloner is also available). Then you can do one of the following:

1. Install the new update onto your Imac's internal drive. If it works - GREAT!!! If it ruins your system, then restore to it's previous state using TM or the clone.

2. Re-boot your system from your cloned disk and install the update there. If it works, then you could either use SuperDuper (or CCC) to update your internal drive from your cloned disk (which would copy the NX2 update onto your internal HD), or just reboot your system from your internal drive and install the NX2 update. If the update didn't work on your cloned drive - FINE!!! It didn't ruin your system (internal HD).

bandola Silver Member  CH  Nikonian since 05th Feb 2009 Sat 28-Nov-09 11:23 PM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted"
In response to Reply # 5

Thank you Sputacus. I'll think it over and see what method to use.

Freewheeler10   Englewood, US  Registered since 17th Apr 2008 Sun 29-Nov-09 01:18 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: NX 2.2.3 and Camera Control 2.7 posted"
In response to Reply # 4

>So what do you with some Mac experience say.
>
>Should I install NX2 on my brand new i7 Imac or should I wait
>for an 64bit version (if it arrives)? I already have it on my
>PC so I can still edit my pictures.
>What do you think?

32 or 64-bit is irrelevant; Snow Leopard will run _a properly written_
32-bit app nearly as well as a 64-bit app. But, wait until Nikon gets NX2,
ViewNX and the rest 100% Snow Leopard compatible. According
to posts here and in other forums it should not be too long now. End
of December or January. If you install the only available versions of
ViewNX or CaptureNX2 right now on a machine running Snow Leopard,
you _will_ have problems.

Photographers' Tea: Earl 18% Grey

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #761 Previous topic | Next topic