nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
PAStime

Kingston, CA
2673 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009
Tue 20-Dec-11 08:43 PM | edited Tue 20-Dec-11 08:44 PM by PAStime

Hi. Any ideas what might be going on here? I thought I had color management under control but it is giving me grief. I am currently not after the best looking image. Instead I am after consistency so as to prove color management is working correctly.

The image below is a snapshot from my screen. From left to right:

1. Firefox
2. Capture NX2
3. Safari
4. ViewNX2

Not visible is a PhotoMechanic view. It's rendering is identical to the Firefox and Safari images.

In all instances we are looking at a JPG with embedded Adobe RGB color space downloaded from Tim Grey's web site.

Why the lower saturation/color shift in the Capture NX2 and ViewNX2 images? All applications should be color management aware!

The problem persists if I use a U2711.icm profile from TFT Central. The problem goes away if I revert to a default Windows sRGB monitor profile in the Windows 7 color management control panel.

Peter

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problem with color management

G