Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7551
View in linear mode

Subject: "ViewNX2 commands greyed out" Previous topic | Next topic
MrSutherland Registered since 11th Dec 2011Sun 11-Dec-11 07:22 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ViewNX2 commands greyed out"

CA

Hi everyone, I've bought a new machine with win 7 64 bit installed. In ViewNX2 2.2.3 I can't move, delete, paste images, nor can I drag and drop. I've gone over permissions, ownership, etc. a thousand times to no avail. I've never had an issue (aside from occasional crashes) with ViewNX2 on my old XP machine. I'm fed up at this point with win 7 (I'd love a Mac but can't afford it right now) and ViewNX. What's a good alternative. I"m stuck with using Windows Live gallery right now.(Yuck!)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sun 11-Dec-11 09:37 PM
4170 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ViewNX2 commands greyed out"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

Mike;
Version 2.2.3 is just an up date.You have to load version 2.2.1,which is the complete file,and then up date to 2.2.3

Rick

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberSun 11-Dec-11 10:54 PM
10574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ViewNX2 commands greyed out"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Others have reported similar problems - one of the common denominators appears to be Windows 7. I have found through experience that any files under C:\Program Files tends to be heavily locked down because of the enhanced file security settings in this operating system version. If your files are elsewhere, I would double-check the security settings to make sure Read-only is not enabled. Also, I would check the properties to make sure the Administrators group has full-control.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

MrSutherland Registered since 11th Dec 2011Mon 26-Dec-11 05:03 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: ViewNX2 commands greyed out"
In response to Reply # 2
Mon 26-Dec-11 05:04 PM by MrSutherland

CA

I've went through all effective permissions and ownership on all drives. I am owner of all drives, and have all effective permissions of all drives. Read Only (if there) is deselected. I can move, cut, copy my pictures in windows, from c drive to my external drive (WD) and back again. I can move a folder of select pictures to c: drive, open them in ViewNX 2 and have all normal options, but can't move them back to WD (in ViewNX). If I close ViewNX I can move them back to WD drive. Once the select pictures are back on WD drive and open them in ViewNX, I no longer have options... Is it an issue with the Western Digital drive, or ViewNX 2, or Windows 7, or a mix thereof? I'm getting fed up with my fancy new Win 7 machine with it's 4 core AMD processor and 8 gigs of memory

MrSutherland Registered since 11th Dec 2011Mon 26-Dec-11 06:42 PM
#4. "RE: ViewNX2 commands greyed out"
In response to Reply # 3

CA

I've just upgraded ViewNX 2 from version 2.2.3 to 2.2.5 and I now have full control again! Thank you all for your input, it was greatly appreciated

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7551 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.