nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7471
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX2 Star Ratings" Previous topic | Next topic
Netadmin Registered since 16th Apr 2011Mon 21-Nov-11 03:39 AM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX2 Star Ratings"

Fenwick, CA

I've searched the forums but could not find an answer to my question.
I've also read through the View NX2 help files.

I use View NX2 to sort through my photos and to apply star ratings for further review and use the keyboard shortcut (on a PC) of CTRL-# to assign the corresponding star.

There is one shortcut that I haven't been able to find:

Next to the stars is a "trash can" which can also be applied as a rating presumably to flag for deletion. Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut for this particular rating?

Vince

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 21-Nov-11 03:13 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX2 Star Ratings"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Any 'Delete' type action is usually not made easy just to give the user a second thought about really wanting to perform an action that may not be revisable.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Netadmin Registered since 16th Apr 2011Mon 21-Nov-11 03:38 PM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX2 Star Ratings"
In response to Reply # 1

Fenwick, CA

Makes perfect sense, but this isn't a "delete" action, it's actually a rating that can be applied to an image, and which can be filtered.

I find it easier to use key combinations when applying star ratings and hate reaching for the mouse needlessly.

I did notice that the "trash can" rating isn't carried over to Capture NX2, however.

I cannot find any reference to that item in any documentation I've read including various books.

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Mon 21-Nov-11 03:41 PM
3810 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: View NX2 Star Ratings"
In response to Reply # 0

Farmington Hills, US

Alt-Delete

You can see this by going to Image > Apply Ratings

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

Netadmin Registered since 16th Apr 2011Mon 21-Nov-11 03:48 PM
#4. "RE: View NX2 Star Ratings"
In response to Reply # 3
Mon 21-Nov-11 03:49 PM by Netadmin

Fenwick, CA

Thanks Gary

I guess I needed to grab the mouse to see that:9

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #7471 Previous topic | Next topic