Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #73
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 2.2 Won't Update" Previous topic | Next topic
johnkraus Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jan 2010Fri 15-Jan-10 01:01 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 2.2 Won't Update"

US

I'm using Capture NX2 version 2.2 and wanting to work my D3s files on it. It seems an update is needed. Every time I open the program I receive a Nikon Message Center message re: the available update. I click to update, and every time, about 90% finished downloading, the message center reports: "Could not download software update. Please try again later."

I've tried this about 30 times, each time the same result. I'm on Mac 10.6.2. Any suggestions on how to get the update to work? Perhaps it's not tuned to work with recently updated Mac OS, but I'm guessing here.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TiggerGTO Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2006Fri 15-Jan-10 02:46 AM
2252 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 2.2 Won't Update"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 15-Jan-10 02:47 AM by TiggerGTO

Apex, US

I've had mixed luck with the Nikon Message Center. You could try manually downloading the NX2 2.2.3 Update yourself. I don't know which version of the MAC OS that number matches, but there are well known problems with NX2 on Snow Leopard.

Danny
A Nikonian in North Carolina

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Fri 15-Jan-10 12:48 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 2.2 Won't Update"
In response to Reply # 0

Englewood, US

>I've tried this about 30 times, each time the same result. I'm
>on Mac 10.6.2. Any suggestions on how to get the update to
>work? Perhaps it's not tuned to work with recently updated Mac
>OS, but I'm guessing here.

Just go to the nikon updates site and download the update.
http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16634/sort/4%2C2/r_id/116678

Sometimes the Nikon updater works, sometimes it doesn't. I notice that
on my system after Snow Leopard, several things don't work _exactly_ the
way they used to or should. NX2 does not seem to be able to clean its cache
files when directed to do so under SL; the files are still there. Used to work
fine under Leopard 10.5.8.

There are certain things you don't discuss with Ansel, especially if you don't agree.
__Imogen Cunninghan

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

johnkraus Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jan 2010Fri 15-Jan-10 04:00 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 2.2 Won't Update"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thanks all,

I manually downloaded the updated, installed, and it seems to work fine with 10.6.2.

Perhaps there are cache problems as mentioned, haven't tried yet. But the program seems to operate fine and open D3s files.

Thanks all for the quick feedback.

rpinkert Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Jul 2006Mon 18-Jan-10 09:43 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 2.2 Won't Update"
In response to Reply # 2

Elgin, US

I had previously updated to version 2.2.3 and Capture seemed to work with the exception of frequent crashes. Your mention of the cache may touch on my problem The crashes usually occur while using the Selection Brush. The spinning wheel of death" will show its ugly face
and then Capture quits, taking me back to the desktop.

A few days ago, I developed a printing problem seemingly when printing from Capture NX
but not Lightroom. I ended up uninstalling Capture and downloading a new version 2.2.2.
I haven't upgraded this copy to version 2.2.3. I have decided to wait for the Snow Leopard compatible fix because I'm not now sure if my printing problem is hardware or software. If
Nikon keeps to its schedule the fix should hopefully be soon.

Sorry I couldn't help with the update routine but wanted you to know I had success with the
process on the Nikon site.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #73 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.