Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #727
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 Webinar" Previous topic | Next topic
ColColt Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Aug 2008Tue 01-Dec-09 07:06 PM
1076 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 Webinar"
Tue 01-Dec-09 07:06 PM by ColColt

Knoxville, US

Today I got an email about a "webinar" involving Capture NX2, "The Power of Capture NX2" coming Dec 10th on Thurs. between 1-2:00pm EST. Most of us are at work during that time. Why can't they have something like this later in the day when people are home or on a Saturday when someone will be there to benefit from it?

My goal in life is to be the person my dog already thinks I am.

Children are for people who can't have dogs. ~Author Unknown

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NX2 Webinar
TCMilner
01st Dec 2009
nwcs Silver Member
01st Dec 2009
krikitman
02nd Dec 2009
cutupguy Silver Member
02nd Dec 2009
krikitman
03rd Dec 2009
MikeBee Gold Member
02nd Dec 2009
rbertalotto
02nd Dec 2009
nwcs Silver Member
02nd Dec 2009

TCMilner Registered since 30th Jan 2008Tue 01-Dec-09 09:37 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 Webinar"
In response to Reply # 0

The Woodlands, US

I agree with you, ColColt

With the ever growing amatuer, prosumer market, you would think that they could schedule these at more accessible times.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Tue 01-Dec-09 10:07 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 Webinar"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Ditto. That was my first thought when I got the same email. Second thought was "why can't they record it for later viewing?!?!?!?!?"

krikitman Registered since 17th May 2009Wed 02-Dec-09 01:29 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 Webinar"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Would you mind sharing the link or info to the webinar. I'd love to attend but did not receive the email.

cutupguy Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2008Wed 02-Dec-09 05:54 AM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NX2 Webinar"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 02-Dec-09 05:56 AM by cutupguy

Tualatin, US

Here's the link for the browser version of the email.

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/doc_view.php?1=AvUE~wq2CP8Sb9VrGtke~yL~Jvsq~_r~qGcqQjr~

krikitman Registered since 17th May 2009Thu 03-Dec-09 12:15 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: NX2 Webinar"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Thanks for the webinar email link and to you too Mike for the archives link.
-Wayne

MikeBee Gold Member Charter MemberWed 02-Dec-09 10:21 AM
412 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: NX2 Webinar"
In response to Reply # 0

Stamford, US

Nik Software seems to be running these webinars - I had the same question about later/recorded viewing of them for a Color Efex webinar. They didn't reply, but I found them on their website under 'archives'.

http://www.niksoftware.com/learnmore/usa/entry.php?view=webinars

I first learned about these on their FB site:

http://www.facebook.com/niksoftwareinc?ref=ts

On Monday they posted a short video by Jason Odell about the Tonal Contrast filter. I found it very informative.

Have fun!

Mike

www.beresford-photos.com

rbertalotto Registered since 25th Nov 2009Wed 02-Dec-09 02:07 PM
306 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: NX2 Webinar"
In response to Reply # 5

North Dartmouth, US

I'm a little confused. Who is NX Software?

I'm using NX2 right now as I'm just starting out with digital post production. Until now, All I've used was Corel software to clean up some photographs. Am I wasting my time with the NX2 and should I be using something else. On a scale of 1-10 for computer literacy, I'm a 6.

I signed up for the webinar.......

Thanks

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Wed 02-Dec-09 03:20 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: NX2 Webinar"
In response to Reply # 6

Knoxville, US

NX is written largely by Nik software with plugins from Nikon and some other makers. It may be somewhat unfairly characterized by me as being a software by committee product.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #727 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.