Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6983
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?" Previous topic | Next topic
spiritualized67 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007Wed 07-Sep-11 06:10 PM
3178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"

Western PA, US

My old computer is on the outs. So I'm looking to buy a new MacBook Pro laptop that comes with Lion.

I've heard mixed reviews about whether or not it works on Lion. Some say yes, others say no. This would not be an upgrade from SL. I suppose I could always test it out because the Apple store has a 14-day return policy.

Any feedback re: your own experience would be appreciated.

~Dan
www.danielstainer.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?
JonK Moderator
07th Sep 2011
spiritualized67 Silver Member
08th Sep 2011
Freewheeler10
08th Sep 2011
Whitster89 Silver Member
21st Sep 2011
danamc Gold Member
22nd Sep 2011
egmonster Gold Member
02nd Oct 2011
danamc Gold Member
02nd Oct 2011
Whitster89 Silver Member
04th Oct 2011
DrJay32 Gold Member
04th Oct 2011
pentwater Silver Member
04th Oct 2011

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Wed 07-Sep-11 11:03 PM
4566 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

Works fine for me.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

spiritualized67 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007Thu 08-Sep-11 01:31 PM
3178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 1

Western PA, US

Thanks Jon.

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Thu 08-Sep-11 11:57 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 0

Englewood, US

I experienced no problems at all doing an upgrade of the operating system. I did make
a bootable disk from the Lion download, though, just in case. Haven't had to use it yet.
CNX2 2.2.7 is working fine, ViewNX2 2.1.1, CameraControlPro 2.9.0 as well. Also, Nik
ColorEfexPro 3.0 works. The only issue I have seen so far (and I downloaded Lion the
day it was released) is that Nikon Transfer will hang up after a transfer about one in
ten times, and needs to be forced to quit. My machine is an older iMac, 2.66GHz Core
2 Duo, only 4Gb ram.

___Gary

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

Whitster89 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Mar 2006Wed 21-Sep-11 11:17 PM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 0

Birmingham, US

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to run it, but it may not be due to Lion.

I recently switched from Windows to Mac, and my new Mac Mini of course came with Lion installed. I have NX2, which I purchased from NikonMall, as an upgrade to NX1. I have the original CD and jewel case for NX1.

When I try to enter my codes, I get a message stating my NX1 code is invalid, even though I have verified (and had at least two different people verify!) that I have entered it correctly.

I put in a support request with Nikon, but after about a week, they replied with the "Lion is not officially supported" line. I challenged them, stating that the program runs fine in trial mode... I've gotten no response. I also tried today's update, but it has the same issue as well.

To say I'm frustrated would be an understatement. I have about 30 days left on the trial period, and at that time, I'll be stranded.

This is very pitiful customer service.

(And yes, before anyone asks, I have legit licences which I purchased....)

Whit
Birmingham, AL
www.whitsphotos.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

danamc Gold Member Charter MemberThu 22-Sep-11 01:10 AM
596 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu 22-Sep-11 01:15 AM by danamc

Framingham, US

Somewhere in the trial period download is a place to enter your license code. I also had the same problem attempting to load NX2 to a new Lion MacBook Pro, and received the same answer from Nikon. I just downloaded the trial version and entered the activation license code and all is well. NX2 runs in 32 bit mode I understand but so far I haven't had any problems. Good luck.

egmonster Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2011Sun 02-Oct-11 10:26 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 5

Egmont, CA

I did some research into this. CaptureNX2 works fine on Lion. But what does not appear to work is the installer or the registration system.

I did a full upgrade of Lion and it worked fine. But I tried to install it on a fresh copy of Lion and no go. Also I tried to move an installed version of CNX2 from an existing install to a fresh install of Lion. No go. It broke the registration of course. When I tried to put the code back in, it wouldn't take it.

Everything about the program and all the NIK software programs I have, all work fine. You just have to install CNX2 and register the serial number, before you upgrade to Lion. At least that is what i found out through trial and error. I could not make it register like danamc. Danamc is more crafty that I.

danamc Gold Member Charter MemberSun 02-Oct-11 09:41 PM
596 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 6
Sun 02-Oct-11 09:43 PM by danamc

Framingham, US

>I did some research into this. CaptureNX2 works fine on Lion.
>But what does not appear to work is the installer or the
>registration system.
>
>I did a full upgrade of Lion and it worked fine. But I tried
>to install it on a fresh copy of Lion and no go. Also I tried
>to move an installed version of CNX2 from an existing install
>to a fresh install of Lion. No go. It broke the registration
>of course. When I tried to put the code back in, it wouldn't
>take it.
>
>Everything about the program and all the NIK software programs
>I have, all work fine. You just have to install CNX2 and
>register the serial number, before you upgrade to Lion. At
>least that is what i found out through trial and error. I
>could not make it register like danamc. Danamc is more crafty
>that I.

Thanx, but you're giving far more credit than is due. What I ended up doing was to download the trial version from the Nikon website, then to go back in and enter the code number off the back off the download disk. When I called NIkon support I was told that NX2 was not approved for Lion at this time. But I was able to get around the installer glitch by using the trail version as described above. I don't recall whether I was able to register the software at that time. Good luck!

Whitster89 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Mar 2006Tue 04-Oct-11 03:07 AM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 4

Birmingham, US

** update **
shortly after I posted my reply above, I received a notice from my service request on the NikonUSA site... It appears that it was an issue with my original NX license key, and since I had provided proof of purchase, they provided new license key for me to use...

Works great now!!!

*If* you are getting an invalid key message, I would recommend posting a support request on the Nikon USA website...

Whit
Birmingham, AL
www.whitsphotos.com

DrJay32 Gold Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions for the Resources and eZine Nikonian since 12th Mar 2003Tue 04-Oct-11 01:36 AM
3323 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

A Lion native version appears to be in the works. No info on release date at this time.

-Jason

Jason P. Odell
Colorado Nikonian
Author, The Photographer's Guide series of eBooks
Capture NX, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Digital Landscapes

www.luminescentphoto.com

Read my blog

pentwater Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2003Tue 04-Oct-11 12:21 PM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Any New Feedback on NX2 and Lion Compatibility?"
In response to Reply # 0

Jupiter, US

I'm in a similar situation and decided to hedge my bet. I am upgrading to the most powerful iMac I can find from a 3-4 year old model. Macmall had a sale on last year's model that comes with a free upgrade (you do!) of Lion. Besides saving $700 on the machine, I can decide when I upgrade the software. They have a good selection of all types of last year's model macs and, of course, are factory authorized resellers so Apple Care is available from them as well. Good luck!

Bill

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6983 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.