nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6973
View in linear mode

Subject: "NXSignature" Previous topic | Next topic
bostondog1 Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2007Wed 07-Sep-11 01:28 AM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NXSignature"

Granger, US

Hey all
Has anyone used NXSignature, the program to add copyright, signature, etc to NX Capture?
I'm looking for a way to add those for on-line display or prints.
Thanks in advance.
Rich

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NXSignature
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th Sep 2011
Reply message How do I install Java for NXSignature
GlenL Silver Member
28th Aug 2012
     Reply message RE: How do I install Java for NXSignature
gkaiseril Gold Member
28th Aug 2012
          Reply message RE: How do I install Java for NXSignature
GlenL Silver Member
28th Aug 2012
gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014
07th Sep 2011
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th Sep 2011
gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014
07th Sep 2011
foinaven1
14th Sep 2011

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 07-Sep-11 04:23 PM
6255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NXSignature"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

I may be remembering this wrong, since it's been a while since I looked at it, but I don't think NX Signature is compatible with Capture NX2, only CNX version 1.

Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com

GlenL Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2007Tue 28-Aug-12 06:46 AM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "How do I install Java for NXSignature"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 28-Aug-12 06:47 AM by GlenL

CA

Hi everyone.

I've downloaded NXSignature. When I double click on the NXSignature.jar file, Windows XP is stumped does not know how to open the file.

I assume I need to download Java on my PC?

- a link is provided on the NXSignature download site to get Java, it takes me to an Oracle page with all sorts of versions of Java to download.

Help!

Thanks, Glen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 28-Aug-12 05:30 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: How do I install Java for NXSignature"
In response to Reply # 6
Tue 28-Aug-12 05:32 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

Could be that Oracle funds and staffs the Java development effort.

Java.com will test your system for a copy of Java and recommend an action for you to take.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

GlenL Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2007Tue 28-Aug-12 06:09 PM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: How do I install Java for NXSignature"
In response to Reply # 7
Wed 29-Aug-12 02:10 AM by GlenL

CA

Hey thanks for the reply, you gave me the courage to go ahead and install Java. Installed problem free, NXSignature appears to run.
... just have to try to learn how to use it now.

Glen

ETA - works great! Just what I was looking for.

Nice tip from Gary in SE Michigan in this thread to use a default offset of zero, and have the watermark in the top left corner... one watermark then can serve both landscape and portrait photos.

I found it worked best for me to apply the watermark (as a batch step) as the very last step in my work process, after resizing, and after unsharp mask.

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Wed 07-Sep-11 04:48 PM
3763 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NXSignature"
In response to Reply # 0

Farmington Hills, US

I've used it with CNX2 2.2.7 and earlier versions. It works fine. Because NX Signature generates a colorize step you can easily change the color of the watermark to blend with your image. I often use the eye dropper to select a color from my image for the watermark.

A couple of caveats to be aware of:

• You can only specify the coordinates of the watermark in absolute terms relative to the upper left hand corner of the image. This makes placing watermarks in the bottom of an image or having it right justified impossible unless all your images are the same number of pixels. Also switching between landscape and portrait orientation makes any position other than the upper left of the image impractical.

• The pixel size of the watermark is fixed. This means that you probably want to apply it to your image before resizing so that it overlays the same portion of your image regardless of the final image size.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 07-Sep-11 05:17 PM
6255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NXSignature"
In response to Reply # 2

Tacoma, US

Gary,

Do you have a link to the latest version? My Google search came up with nothing (using "NX Signature" as the search term.)

Thanks
Mick
www.mickklassphoto.com

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Wed 07-Sep-11 05:38 PM
3763 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NXSignature"
In response to Reply # 3

Farmington Hills, US

My copy is V1.1. You can download it here. Note this links to a Google translation of the site, but it works for the download. If you prefer the original site in French is here.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

foinaven1 Registered since 17th Aug 2011Wed 14-Sep-11 06:36 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: NXSignature"
In response to Reply # 4

UK

Just downloaded it and works fine in Win 7 64 bit.
Thanks

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6973 Previous topic | Next topic