nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #6867
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy" Previous topic | Next topic
thoban   Washington, US  Registered since 19th Mar 2009 Mon 22-Aug-11 12:05 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy"

Weird. I have files properly saved and labeled in NX2 which show different thumbnails (other pictures I've saved at other times). Which is to say: I've got a picture of a given subject, say a Japanese castle. The file label reads just what it should read (precisely as I had saved it), but the thumbnail I see with my very eyes is one of my dog that I saved recently. When I open the file (double-clicking the dog image with the Japanese castle file name) the proper Japanese castle is active. When I then close the full-screen image, the dog reappears as if by magic, re-associated with the castle file.

Why this might be so eludes my limited intelligence.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
22nd Aug 2011
Reply message RE: NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy thoban
23rd Aug 2011
23rd Aug 2011
Reply message RE: NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd Aug 2011
23rd Aug 2011
23rd Aug 2011

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community   Atlanta, US  Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005 Mon 22-Aug-11 12:14 PM
9111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy"
In response to Reply # 0

I have had the same problem occasionally. It is probably a cache issue. Clear the cache and you should be fine. It's found under Edit/Options/General

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

thoban   Washington, US  Registered since 19th Mar 2009 Tue 23-Aug-11 01:35 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a whirl. One of the mysteries of the universe, I guess.

thoban   Washington, US  Registered since 19th Mar 2009 Tue 23-Aug-11 01:43 PM
#5. "RE: NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy"
In response to Reply # 1

Worked like a charm. Thanks again.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Paignton, UK  Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003 Mon 22-Aug-11 12:16 PM
29652 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome to Nikonians!

I no longer use Capture NX2 myself, but I seem to remember having a problem like that - it was solved by clearing the NX2 cache or something similar. I'm sure a current user will be along soon to confirm (or correct) this

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

thoban   Washington, US  Registered since 19th Mar 2009 Tue 23-Aug-11 01:39 PM
#4. "RE: NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy"
In response to Reply # 2

Two responses with pretty much the same advice. I thank you both. I might add that this forum proved far more responsive than Nikon's on-line query people. Utterly clueless, utterly useless.

thoban   Washington, US  Registered since 19th Mar 2009 Tue 23-Aug-11 01:43 PM
#6. "RE: NX2 File/Thumbnail discrepancy"
In response to Reply # 2

Worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #6867 Previous topic | Next topic