Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6849
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX2 2nd Screen Freezing" Previous topic | Next topic
Sturgdw51 Registered since 22nd May 2009Fri 19-Aug-11 11:41 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX2 2nd Screen Freezing"

Brisbane, AU

Anyone else experiencing this ultra-annoying bug in View NX?

I find that I can only view a limited number of images in View NX before the 2nd (detail) screen (I use 2 monitors) starts to either part-display or not display at all.

I am running on XP Home OS on hardware with plenty of grunt.

Anyone else got this bug?

Daryl

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rbaskin Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2007Sat 20-Aug-11 12:40 AM
338 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX2 2nd Screen Freezing"
In response to Reply # 0

Ridgefield, US

If you're referring to the full screen view that you get when you double click the thumbnail, This problem was reported by a number of people. Updating to the latest version - View NX2 2.1.2 - took care of it.l

Check your version and download the latest if you're running a level below 2.1.2.

Hope this helps.

Ralph in CT

Sturgdw51 Registered since 22nd May 2009Wed 24-Aug-11 05:19 AM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX2 2nd Screen Freezing"
In response to Reply # 1

Brisbane, AU

Thanks for that Ralph.

How damned useless is Nikon?

Turns out I am running V2.03, but when I go to the menu and select check for updates, it kindly informs me I have the latest.

Daryl

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Wed 24-Aug-11 01:09 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: View NX2 2nd Screen Freezing"
In response to Reply # 2

Englewood, US

Over the years, I have become accustomed to checking once a month
manually for updates on all the Nikon software. With versions 2.1 and
above for ViewNX2 and versions 2.2 and up with CaptureNX2 the auto
update checker seems to be some better, but it just takes a few seconds
to go to the Nikon site and check.

___Gary

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6849 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.