nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
expat

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT
532 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010
Thu 28-Jul-11 07:47 PM

Some time ago I asked questions about keywords, can i resurect the subject in case any newer members can help please?

My keyword list is huge, I can delete from it using -
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Nikon\Capture NX 2\application.cfg

But the list just replicates itself later on as images are opened.
Is the following correct?

I open an old image & all the keywords from that image ie keywords that have been inserted previously are reinserted into the list in NX2, (XMP/ITPC info menu).
If I open another image all its keywords are inserted into the list and any words which were also in the first image are inserted again.
So if I have say 400 images which I open at any time, all their keywords are now in that list and duplicated many times.

I am talking about keywords alreaady in the images obviously any new ones will also be added?

(I know that words can be deleted in the menu but that does not permenently remove them)

Thanks and apologies for opening an old subject but could someone at least tell me what happens in their NX2? I have the latest legal version and have done a reinstal.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 keywords

G