Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6114
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 stopped working" Previous topic | Next topic
yankeegirl57 Silver Member Charter MemberMon 25-Apr-11 02:54 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 stopped working"

Long Beach, US

I've had Capture NX2 for over two years and recently upgraded it when I bought my D7000. Over the last month I have processed hundreds of photos with no problems. This program is clunky but I love the results I get.

Then yesterday, when I tried to launch it, a box popped up stating it's a trial version with 0 days left and an option to input the product key. I put my product key in and another message came up saying the product key is invalid.

Tried uninstalling Capture NX2 and reinstalling it twice, to no avail. The same box about the product key pops up and then tells me my product key is invalid.

Whether or not it's a coincidence, my Picasa program no longer shows my photos and my photo files in Windows Explorer's MyPictures folder are now hidden (but I didn't do it). I have Vista 64 Home Premium and have been getting a message about the ATI Catalyst Controller: Host Program stopped working. Not sure if this is related to my problems with Capture NX2 and Picasa but everything was fine until that message popped up.

I've been on Microsoft's forums and others and have contacted Nikon support (but I'm not expecting much from them). Was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. I'm really concerned that I was unable to reinstall the Capture NX2 program.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberMon 25-Apr-11 03:54 AM
10842 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 stopped working"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Mary,

It sounds like you have several problems here. They may or may not be related, but the best approach is to solve them one at a time.

For CNX2, I would recommend using a registry cleaner of some sort. It's possible that a registry setting is preventing the installation from succeeding. The other workaround is to download the 60 day 2.26 trial version and immediately update to 2.27. There was some wackiness last year where Nikon started locking valid keys because a whole set of them were making the rounds in illegal download sites. Going to 2.27 will hopefully put you past that point and you can then input your valid key.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

yankeegirl57 Silver Member Charter MemberTue 26-Apr-11 03:04 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 stopped working"
In response to Reply # 1

Long Beach, US

Thanks for your response. I've contacted Nikon and they've asked me for my product key so I'm waiting to see what they do. You're probably right about the registry. Want to see what Nikon does first then I'll deal with the registry.

Thanks again.

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Mon 25-Apr-11 11:35 AM
435 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 stopped working"
In response to Reply # 0

Sydney, AU

Where did you buy NX2? On-line or in a box from a retailer?

David

My Gallery

yankeegirl57 Silver Member Charter MemberTue 26-Apr-11 03:03 AM
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 stopped working"
In response to Reply # 2

Long Beach, US

Thanks for responding. I received NX2 as a gift, in a box from a retailer. I have the CD.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6114 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.