Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6024
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 picture control" Previous topic | Next topic
adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Thu 14-Apr-11 01:10 AM
590 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 picture control"

Portland, US

I have the latest version of NX2. I downloaded the extra picture control for my D700 (Dx1,DX2,DX3,portrait,landscape) and it appears in NX2 when I download my NEF files.
So I was happy when I took raw images with my D90, the same picture controls were available when I opened them in NX2 (DX1-3, Portait, landscape).
However now that I shoot raw images with the D7000, the picture controls mentioned above do not show up. Is there a reason why it should not show up?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NX2 picture control
jrp Administrator
14th Apr 2011
adcam Gold Member
14th Apr 2011
jrp Administrator
14th Apr 2011
adcam Gold Member
15th Apr 2011
adcam Gold Member
15th Apr 2011
jrp Administrator
15th Apr 2011
gkaiseril Gold Member
15th Apr 2011
adcam Gold Member
15th Apr 2011

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 14-Apr-11 09:36 AM
34538 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 picture control"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Remember that the D7000 is relatively new.
What version are you using of CNX2?

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Thu 14-Apr-11 09:19 PM
590 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 picture control"
In response to Reply # 1

Portland, US

Version 2.2.4.

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 14-Apr-11 11:52 PM
34538 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 picture control"
In response to Reply # 2

Download version 2.2.6
That should do it.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Fri 15-Apr-11 12:37 AM
#4. "RE: NX2 picture control"
In response to Reply # 3

Portland, US

Will give it a shot, thanks !

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Fri 15-Apr-11 03:52 AM
#5. "RE: NX2 picture control"
In response to Reply # 3

Portland, US

Didn't work . Need to wait for 2.2.7.

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberFri 15-Apr-11 12:39 PM
#6. "RE: NX2 picture control"
In response to Reply # 5

Oh, oh.

Have a great time

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 15-Apr-11 05:01 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: NX2 picture control"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Looking at Optional Picture Control Download page, it looks like newer cameras may not be supported. You might want to contact Nikon and see when or if they are planing on updating them.

Another option, would to see how the Picture Controls modify your D90 image settings and then use those values to modify your D7000 images.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Fri 15-Apr-11 05:31 PM
#8. "RE: NX2 picture control"
In response to Reply # 7

Portland, US

The D90 is not supported either but for some reason whenever I dowloaded my NEF's, I had the option for the other picture controls. No biggie, it was just nice to have it with the D90. The D7000 colors look good right off the camera.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #6024 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.