Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #60
View in linear mode

Subject: "Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Mynty Registered since 14th Oct 2006Tue 27-Oct-09 06:32 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"

Temecula, US

Hi

I have just upgraded ViewNX to version 1.5.0 and now when I open it all my pictures have a green color cast over them. NX2 is fine.

Can anyone help me? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks for any help

Robert

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green co...
bobr
27th Oct 2009
guystooges Silver Member
27th Oct 2009
Mynty
29th Oct 2009
Skytalker Silver Member
02nd Nov 2009
brooksro Silver Member
28th Nov 2009
brooksro Silver Member
28th Nov 2009
IvanG Gold Member
29th Nov 2009
Freewheeler10
30th Nov 2009
JLD Silver Member
11th Dec 2009
Corkster52
02nd Jan 2010
canepazzo
09th Jan 2010
kwgagel
19th Jan 2010

bobr Registered since 09th Jun 2004Tue 27-Oct-09 05:03 PM
343 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 0

pitman, US

Hi Robert,

Downloaded the up grade last week on both of my computers one XP, one Vista, and processed about 150 images from soccer on Sunday-no problems-no color issues. That's really strange-maybe something got skewed during the download-why not try to download again and if there's no improvement call Nikon. I can't think of any adjustments in the
software that could cause that.

Bob

guystooges Silver Member Nikonian since 28th May 2009Tue 27-Oct-09 09:13 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 27-Oct-09 09:15 PM by guystooges

Fortuna, US

I recently moved from Vista Ultimate x64 to Windows 7 Pro x64. Under Vista I had no problems with ViewNX 1.4 or it's Nikon online update to 1.5.

I installed ViewNX 1.5 on Windows 7 from a downloaded executable and too was hit with this 'green cast' issue. It seemed to be more prevalent on displayed JPG images than NEFs or TIFs. I searched on Google and found many comments in a post on Flickr that this was an issue for many people and that moving back to version 1.4 fixed the issue.

After removing 1.5 and installing 1.4, things are much better but not perfect. Now only JPGs thumbnails were 'green'. I uninstalled again, used the registry cleaner in CCleaner, rebooted, and reinstalled 1.4 and now the issues are gone.

While the 1.4 full install/Nikon update to 1.5 might be the trick to avoiding this instead of a full 1.5 executable install, I'm going to wait on any Nikon online updates until I hear that the issue has been resolved.

guystooges

Mynty Registered since 14th Oct 2006Thu 29-Oct-09 05:01 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 2

Temecula, US

Well I deleted 1.5 from the computer and installed 1.4 and all is fine! I hope that they bring out a 1.5.? to get rid of that green cast!

Skytalker Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Mar 2008Mon 02-Nov-09 08:45 AM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 3
Mon 02-Nov-09 08:45 AM by Skytalker

Bereldange, LU

It happened to me as well on Win7. Photos were hazy with a blue color cast. I reverted to 1.3 and reinstalled 1.5.0 again.
Works just fine now.

Jan (a Nikonian in Luxembourg)
---------------------------------------

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. Albert Einstein.

Visit:
My Portfolio|| My Nikonians Gallery|| My Fickr Gallery|| My Blog|| My Facebook||

brooksro Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Aug 2007Sat 28-Nov-09 10:51 PM
265 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>Hi
>
>I have just upgraded ViewNX to version 1.5.0 and now when I
>open it all my pictures have a green color cast over them.
>NX2 is fine.
>
>Can anyone help me? Has anyone else had the same problem?
>
>Thanks for any help
>
>Robert
It happened to me too. Green cast on mine. Nikon is working on a fix and has a workaround that didn't work for me. It has to do with changing the Windows color profile to a Nikon one. I am going to try reverting to an older version as did another person on this thread.

MrB

brooksro Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Aug 2007Sat 28-Nov-09 11:02 PM
265 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 5

US

>It happened to me too. Green cast on mine. Nikon is working on
>a fix and has a workaround that didn't work for me. It has to
>do with changing the Windows color profile to a Nikon one. I
>am going to try reverting to an older version as did another
>person on this thread.

I guess I won't try that because I can't find the older version of Viewnx.

MrB

IvanG Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Apr 2006Sun 29-Nov-09 02:30 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 6

Boca Raton, US

In addition ViewNX 1.5.0 is apparently not compatible with Mac OS 10.6.2. Menus are totally corrupted. Even though not specifically stated on the download page at nikonusa, I was told yesterday by tech support that 10.6.x is not supported by ViewNX.
NX2 seems to be OK though

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Mon 30-Nov-09 02:16 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 7

Englewood, US

>In addition ViewNX 1.5.0 is apparently not compatible with
>Mac OS 10.6.2. Menus are totally corrupted.

Works fine over here under 10.6.2, but I had
to do a lot of cyber-gymnastics to get it to work properly.

>Even though not
>specifically stated on the download page at nikonusa, I was
>told yesterday by tech support that 10.6.x is not supported by
>ViewNX.

Way old news: Nikon have been saying that since the first problem
with ViewNX was reported, which was about 15 minutes after the
1.40 full version and update was published. We've been fighting this
since August.

Photographers' Tea: Earl 18% Grey

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

JLD Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2007Fri 11-Dec-09 03:20 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 8

Princeton, US

Nikon has posted a fix for this recently - basically changing the monitor color profile:

http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16620/p/42%2C463/sort/4%2C2/r_id/116678

For some reason, this problem only affected 2 of the 4 PCs on which I installed 1.50. (All running Windows 7)

Corkster52 Registered since 20th Jun 2008Sat 02-Jan-10 01:39 PM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 9

Perrysburg, US

It fixed in my version to Vista! Thanks!

canepazzo Registered since 21st Feb 2009Sat 09-Jan-10 06:23 AM
71 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Win 7 Pro x64, ViewNX 1.5.0. My pictures had a blue cast. Recently purchased SpyderElite 3.0. After calibrating monitor pictures render OK. Nikon support site shows fixes for Vista and XP, but not for Win 7. Since I don't know enough about Windows Color Management I will just leave things as they are for now. Wish I could find a good tutorial about this subject.
Cheers

“What one sees is highly dependent on where one stands.”

Cheers,
Canepazzo

kwgagel Registered since 11th Jan 2010Tue 19-Jan-10 06:04 AM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Upgraded ViewNX to 1.5.0 - pictures have a green color cast?"
In response to Reply # 11

CA

Canepezzo,

I just followed the vista instructions and deviated for windows 7. Mine is corrected now.

Windows 7 instructions
Open "Control Panel"
Under "Appearance and Personalization",
Click "Screen Resolution",
Click "Advanced settings"
A new window will popup, click the Color Management tab and then the color management button.
The Color Management window will open. Click the Advanced tab, click the "Change system defaults..." button.
The Color Management - System Defaults window will open.
Click the Add... button.
Locate the "Nicon WinMonitor 4.0.0.3000" profile, file name NKMonitor_Win.icm. Click it and then click OK.
That should bring you back to the Color Management -System Defaults window. Click the Nicon WinMonitor 4.0.0.3000 and then click the "Set as Default Profile" button.
You can now click close and close all of the open windows.
This is what corrected my display.

Kevin W. Gagel

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #60 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.